• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/2024 - Round 18

1717154237353.png
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer.

That centre combo tho....
The bench is ridiculous. Jager, Ahern, Coombes and Hodnett is a joke from the bench.

1717154347152.png
It's a must win for Ulster. If their pack are allowed to get parity I'd be stressed about their speed out wide that we definitely don't have right now.

View attachment 20308
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer.

That centre combo tho....
The bench is ridiculous. Jager, Ahern, Coombes and Hodnett is a joke from the bench.

View attachment 20309
It's a must win for Ulster. If their pack are allowed to get parity I'd be stressed about their speed out wide that we definitely don't have right now.
Fear nothing about the centre. 2 lads are flying it

Sam getting picked ahead of HB is big. Apparently the Connacht deal was shut down early this week.

Just on end. Agree it makes sense for Prendergast to stay. But for Leinster I think they will need to invest more in someone. Or else there will be lost potential like very hard split time between 4 10s especially if none will miss much on Internationals as say Ross is #2 for Farrell he will be released back during 6Natiions rest weeks.

Just on end. Agree it makes sense for Prendergast to stay. But for Leinster I think they will need to invest more in someone. Or else there will be lost potential like very hard split time between 4 10s especially if none will miss much on Internationals as say Ross is #2 for Farrell he will be released back during 6Natiions rest weeks.

Three 10s and Frawley as a bench option in a 6/2. If Prendergast is seen as Ross' back up going into next year then it's a good place to be. He'll be ahead of him before long you'd hope.

HB was given some opportunities this year but probably didn't take them when he needed to. I think his ceiling is higher than Ross' but the low floor won't get you far, he has a fight on his hands.

Frawley, I don't know. I don't like him at 10 or 15, he's down the pecking order at 12. Great guy to have for a 6/2.

Don't need to have HB or Frawley in the squad but they're nice to haves for sure.

I know Jordie isn't really a 10 but he's probably coming in to play there after Ross' last two games.

Three 10s and Frawley as a bench option in a 6/2. If Prendergast is seen as Ross' back up going into next year then it's a good place to be. He'll be ahead of him before long you'd hope.

HB was given some opportunities this year but probably didn't take them when he needed to. I think his ceiling is higher than Ross' but the low floor won't get you far, he has a fight on his hands.

Frawley, I don't know. I don't like him at 10 or 15, he's down the pecking order at 12. Great guy to have for a 6/2.

Don't need to have HB or Frawley in the squad but they're nice to haves for sure.

I know Jordie isn't really a 10 but he's probably coming in to play there after Ross' last two games.
But that my point. Say Prendergast is back up to Ross then like he sees alot more minutes than HB and really gets to stake 10 shot. That is playing in few big URC games as a starter and closing big European games.
Like more coaches have 4 lads who can play 10. Agreed Frawley more utility but barring injury and none a starting international your minutes can't be used to try please all 4 in 10 jersey. They need to be invested in team cohesiveness etc

Prendergast certainly giving a good audition so far anyway from the bits I saw. Osbourne has laid himself out there albeit in a very brave try saver. Ouch.

Connacht look ok when they can build phases and get the offloads going, but generally they've been awful and Carry directionless.

Leinster are playing well but very hard to gauge as Connacht are clocked off for season already it seems

Connacht showed up with a soft mentality to be honest.

They need to change up that coaching ticket there's no experience across the board and they've gone backwards.

Weird game to be at. Our three best players were leaving (Moloney) or [arguably (Prendo)] are better than the lads who started last weekend.

Jimmy is the 2nd best 15 and 3rd best wing in the country. Start him last week and we win despite Carley.

Felt like a determined if exhausted squad but they earned a home game gimme next week so we'll go on and win this comp easy enough.

Well that was exciting. Managed to get the bonus point win to solidify 5th. Crucially Lions get the losing bonus point that gets them into the quarters. Realistically being 5th to 8th doesn't really matter, it's all going to be tough. Except for 8th - that team now needs to win the URC to get into Champions Cup Rugby. Unfortunate for the Lions there.

Exciting finish. Gonna be a hell of a brawl for us to get past a QF. I fancy us vs Bulls or Glasgow. Away to Munster or Leinster not so much.

So I guess both Bulls and Munster to win to set up Glasgow or Bulls to lose so we stay in SA for the QF.

Was looking forward to judgement day, cut my grass, made a tip run, went to the gym and sat down for a back to back...

5 mins in and dragons and Scarlets look like amateur teams in a half empty football stadium.

Sam Costelow is an international 10 who cannot kick out of hand, pass or run with the ball lol.

I think the WRU have to write off the 2020's as a decade and build to 2030

Latest posts