• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC: Round 11

Good pack for McCarthy to get his first run. Really looks like Osborne is viewed as a centre moving forward.

Dragons drew with Benetton 13-13 in what was hardly the most exciting of matches, while Ulster beat Scarlets 27-15 with two tries in the last quarter. (Hello Scarlets, do you see a pattern here?)

A bit of a slip up for Benetton, missing out on the win. Games like that are must wins to get in the top 8, particularly as at least one side from SA is likely to make a run up the table. The only consolation is I can be gutted by Benetton not losing a game away from home.

Has every NH side pulled their internationals this week?

Adamson making a bad decision and then getting persuaded by a player to check is exceptionally bad refereeing.

At least he got it right eventually.

Adamson's decisions are worse than his hairline and that's saying something

Leinster

Spider Man Lol GIF

That salary cap can't come quick enough for Welsh rugby.... say what now?

A strange weekend of results. Leinster and Edinburgh (both missing loads of internationals) losing to the Welsh? Good for the league to be honest.

I'm not convinced by Danny Wilson but that's a right result for Glasgow away from home. Although maybe Connacht drop off a cliff without Carty?

11 weeks in and still no clearer which SA will step up. I thought maybe the Sharks but they royally shot themselves in the foot with indiscipline today.

Cardiff probably deserve this.

Adamson takes the joy out of rugby.
Sour grapes. It was actually a pretty compelling and high-quality match compared to quite a few other matches in the league. First win for Cardiff against Leinster in eleven years! A lot of pace, skill and aggression for a match where both sides missed a lot of first-choice players.

Also, good result for the Ospreys today - why aren't Rhys Webb and Nicky Smith in the Wales squad please? Especially considering how at one point Ospreys were 14-0 down. (That said, the Liberty Stadium seems to be geting drearier and drearier).

I mean European rugby exposes how poor the URC refs are.
Leinster got used to having been ref'd by a top official such as Barnes

I don't think the ref had any effect on the result yesterday. Leinster were winning when I complained about him, but he literally sees things that don't happen and misses things that do which isn't fun to watch.

Harry Byrne would have shot himself in the foot yesterday regarding a chance to start ahead of his brother had Ross not been the worst player on the pitch prior to his arrival. We need a 10 for when Johnny hangs up the boots and I think we should invest as much time as possible in HB, he has a lot of brain farts and some poor execution but the tools are there to become a good player.

Rory O'Laughlin, Ross Byrne and Luke McGrath all played extremely poorly, at their stage in their careers they should be better.

Rusty looking performance yesterday. Bonus Point was minimum expectation, so satisfied we got that. Would have liked to see some lads like Knox, Salanoa, the two tens show a bit more. Think Liam Coombes and Nash both did pretty well. Josh Wycherley as well was solid and looked stronger than Loughman.

Watching the first half of the Dragons Benetton game made me question if I even like rugby anymore.
Dean Ryan has criticised the level of investment at the club and he does have a point. However Dragons just make way too many basic mistakes that even me, a local 2nd team player, would be embarrassed if that were me.
Don't want to single players out, as there's a number not preforming but I think Sam Davies has really gone down hill the past two years. When he first moved to the Dragons he looked to be gaining confidence back but he's more often than not one of the reasons Dragons don't make the most out of the tiny amount of quick ball they do manage to generate.

Latest posts