• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC round 16: A potential tipping point?

Glasgow We Are Warriors!
Ulster
Edinburgh
Bulls
Scarlets
Lions
Leinster
Cardiff

There is a round 16 thread. It just got lost down the line. I'll merge them and sticky.

I see I can't figure out how to merge threads so I'll just sticky this one since since its the most recent discussion.

Stormers
15 Damian Willemse, 14 Seabelo Senatla, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Rikus Pretorius, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Hacjivah Dayimani, 6 Junior Pokomela, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Adre Smith, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain)
Substitutes: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Brok Harris, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Ben-Jason Dixon, 21 Nama Xaba, 22 Paul de Wet, 23 Warrick Gelant

Glasgow
15 Ollie Smith, 14 Josh McKay, 13 Sione Tuipulotu, 12 Sam Johnson, 11 Kyle Steyn, 10 Ross Thompson, 9 Ali Price (captain), 8 Jack Dempsey, 7 Rory Darge, 6 Ally Miller, 5 Kiran McDonald, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Zander Fagerson, 2 Johnny Matthews, 1 Oli Kebble
Substitutes: 16 George Turner, 17 Jamie Bhatti, 18 Simon Berghan, 19 Rob Harley, 20 Thomas Gordon, 21 Jamie Dobie, 22 Duncan Weir, 23 Cole Forbes

Not a bad Glasgow side at all...

For the Stormers its great to have Moerat and Gelant back albeit off the bench. I'd have preferred De Wet starting. Perhaps Dobson is hoping to bring on some dynamism with both De Wet and Gelant at some point ala Springbok bomb squad seeing as we are fielding a 6-2 split as well.. don't know. Perhaps I am reading too much into it. No Deon Fourie though is bad. Arguably our best performer alongside Roos this season. I still have us as slight favorites at home but anything can happen.

Last edited:
*gets ready for an omelette to the face for ever having doubted the Stormers as top 4 and Sharks as top 8*

Connacht:
15. Mack Hansen

14. John Porch

13. Bundee Aki

12. Tom Daly

11. Alex Wootton

10. Jack Carty (captain)

9. Caolin Blade

1. Denis Buckley

2. Dave Heffernan

3. Jack Aungier

4. Oisín Dowling

5. Niall Murray

6. Cian Prendergast

7. Jarrad Butler

8. Paul Boyle

Replacements:

16. Dylan Tierney-Martin

17. Jordan Duggan

18. Greg McGrath

19. Leva Fifita

20. Conor Oliver

21. Kieran Marmion

22. Conor Fitzgerald

23. Shayne Bolton

Quite like the balance of that back three. Attacking threat in spades in the back three, and it's probably as fit a pack as they can pick

1650640837680.png

15-9: Aphelele Fassi, Werner Kok, Ben Tapuai, Marius Louw, Makazole Mapimpi, Curwin Bosch, Jaden Hendrikse

1-8: Ox Nche, Bongi Mbonambi, Thomas du Toit (c), Le Roux Roets, Gerbrandt Grobler, Siya Kolisi, Henco Venter, Phepsi Buthelezi

Exciting team giving some younger guys their first go. Pack is the strongest we'll see this tour. Big test for Clarkson up against Ox. Good to have Ala'alatoa on the bench.

We're not helping ourselves. Glasgow much more up for it. We're going to have to get into this.

Nicely opening up now. Dayimani making a name for himself as a bit of a play maker. A BP win kinda feels inevitable at this stage. Still a lot of room for improvement.. especially the line out has been DIRE!

Last edited:
This Brace guy is dire. Oy vey.

Blowing the breakdown totally different for Glasgow and us.

We're not helping ourselves though mind you. Glasgow much more up for it. We're going to have to get into this.
It was a good finish to the half, would expect more of that in the second half.

Looking good for the Stormers 20-7 28 mins left

I dont care what anyone says, Roos should be the starting Springbok 8 ahead of Duane

Jantjies gave away what should have been the 4th.

Willemse could have put Senatla away there
I've been calling for De Wet since half time.
I dont care what anyone says, Roos should be the starting Springbok 8 ahead of Duane
He has been amazing all last and this season and outplayed Vermeulen for me vs Ulster. Starting for the Bokke maybe not yet but def should be in the mix!

A team effort for us but Roos even then manages to stand out amidst a couple of great showings.

I've been calling for De Wet since half time.

He has been amazing all last and this season and outplayed Vermeulen for me vs Ulster. Starting for the Bokke maybe not yet but def should be in the mix!

A team effort for us but Roos even then manages to stand out amidst a couple of great showings.
Jantjies was horrid.

Stormers rush defence was really impressive, Rikus Pretorius hit that 10 so hard both almost got injured.

Zas is also doing very well.

So Stormers 2nd now and you guys need to root for Munster then you stay there.

Sharks play Ulster last round in Ireland so will need them to take a confidence knock.

Go Munster!! Must say though Ulster look very strong, ***le contenders.

Last edited:
Glad I'm now completely devoid of emotion after that Toulouse loss, otherwise I'd be fuming at this Ulster performance so far

Robson saying the lineout was taken by Rea when Ahern clearly stole it, kind of sums up how he is with Ulster.

Zebre almost backing up last weeks shock win for the Dragons with something equally unlikely, but lose at the end against the 14 men (were well in contention when it was 15 each side). Pretty horrible performances for the Scottish sides it would seem. I can't see either get a home QF now if they don't improve.

Latest posts