• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

US Masters, Augusta - Golf

R

RC

Ok, has anyone been watching the first day of this?
Ther ehave been some cracking shots throughout. Eg. Ian Poulter's hole in one that i'm sure you've seen a dozen times already and Phil Mickelson doing an amazing putt from well offf the green to salvage the hole.

Justin Rose is sharing the lead but will no doubt choke...again.
Ian Poulter can keep his game up, but highly unlikely to take this game.
Tiger Woods claims he palyed pretty well, but the bounces didn't go his way - where in reality he was pretty ****.

So who's been enjoying it?

Always enjoy the Masters. Quality effort from Immelman, especially that birdie birdie finish, not too many have done that at Augusta, Mickleson is well set to make a move on Saturday, Casey is well set for a challenge as well considering he usually starts so poorly but finishes quite strongly so there could well be a European winner come Sunday. Was gonna make a comment on Rose but he's just gone in the water on 15, more of the same, solid start but can't back it up.

Well, like i said Harrison choked. The kid just has no experience and can't cope with the nerves and the pressure. To drop to +2 after starting on -4...you've got to be kicking yourself.

Immelman did really well; Mickelson (once again) consistently impressive; and someone who continuously got himself out of trouble was Padraig Harrington. I reckon he's gonna be up there near the end.
Poulter's really got to concentrate. He played really well and he should go into the weekend with a lot of confidence but he needs to keep his head - he's not exactly known for finishing off the majors.

And what about Tiger's end to the 18th? Slices it right into the pines and decides the only way out is to either go back on himself leaving him a 200 yard drive or hit it out onto the 10th and then cut back onto the 18th. He took the latter shot and it was amazing, clipping a lying ball on the way and who knows that could have ended up going in!
It's really difficult to see the world's no.1 coming close this weekend espcially with Immelman having a 7 shot lead over him, plus Tiger's biggest defecit he's ever overcome is 6 shots. That's yet another fact (considering he's playing very poorly) which surely leaves him out of hte running.

And what about Tiger's end to the 18th? Slices it right into the pines and decides the only way out is to either go back on himself leaving him a 200 yard drive or hit it out onto the 10th and then cut back onto the 18th. He took the latter shot and it was amazing, clipping a lying ball on the way and who knows that could have ended up going in!
It's really difficult to see the world's no.1 coming close this weekend espcially with Immelman having a 7 shot lead over him, plus Tiger's biggest defecit he's ever overcome is 6 shots. That's yet another fact (considering he's playing very poorly) which surely leaves him out of hte running.[/b]

One, I will never ever count out Tiger Woods, until he misses the cut or the final putt has been made. And two, if I never saw another Tiger highlight I would be all to happy. I understand he's a great, maybe the greatest player ever, but I'm sick and tired of the whole Tiger Woods Show.

<div class='quotemain'> And what about Tiger's end to the 18th? Slices it right into the pines and decides the only way out is to either go back on himself leaving him a 200 yard drive or hit it out onto the 10th and then cut back onto the 18th. He took the latter shot and it was amazing, clipping a lying ball on the way and who knows that could have ended up going in!
It's really difficult to see the world's no.1 coming close this weekend espcially with Immelman having a 7 shot lead over him, plus Tiger's biggest defecit he's ever overcome is 6 shots. That's yet another fact (considering he's playing very poorly) which surely leaves him out of hte running.[/b]

One, I will never ever count out Tiger Woods, until he misses the cut or the final putt has been made. And two, if I never saw another Tiger highlight I would be all to happy. I understand he's a great, maybe the greatest player ever, but I'm sick and tired of the whole Tiger Woods Show.
[/b][/quote]

All to do with ratings as well, it ****** me off as they can be showing shots from other players but insist on following Woods as he's walking over a feckin bridge.

May I just point out the whole coverage of the Masters is done through Augusta TV, if I remember rightly, so that means everyone gets the same pictures on tele, in other words because they are American, we get majority of American players...

I usually watch the Masters but have missed this years so far, but will probably watch the final round this year...

It should be a great tournament in the next two days, cause Tiger won't give up so easily even with that 8 strokes deficit to overcome.

I think lefty Mickelson could be in the last match on sunday, cause he has a brilliant and intuitive game which fits perfectly to the course.

I would like to see a good performance from Retief, indeed.

and if you can, watch it in HD because it's terrific! :bravo:

It's all well and good saying it's only 7 shots for Woods but look at the quality at the top of the leaderboard they're not all going to choke and Woods' positioning has been poor by his standards, how many times was he left with downhill putts yesterday, that's not gonna win him the Masters.

I had my leaving do last night so i missed all of yesterdays golf any idea if there's anywhere on the web i can catch up with it before i watch the rest tonight, guys?

If you're not already in Mexico administering your sweatshop you can go onto BBC online to view highlights of round 3.

As for the highlights of round three:

- Impressive of Immelman to keep up at the top and stretch his lead.
- Tiger Woods as miserable a bugger as ever (although he did manage one smile)
- The BBC commentators love affair with Tiger Woods is now bordering on the disturbing, especially with the loving, aroused way that Peter Alliss speaks of Tiger when he's taking a shot.
- Ian Poulter & Justin Rose still as inconsistent as they were twelve months ago, yet are still good enough to hump the yanks in the Ryder Cup which in a way speaks volumes about American Golf talent these days.

here we are...tiger's rally is not so far...hope that his last round red shirt won't scare trevor so much...hold on trev! and wake up lefty!

Well considering he has a 6 shot lead over Woods I doubt he'll be that close to his thoughts, it's Immelman's tournament for me, was after his ball didn't go in the water on 15 and he made the up and down, quality effort, great character from Snedeker to stay in contention after his nightmare start to the back 9 and there's again the stat that Woods has never won a major when not leading after 54 holes.

The coverage is appalling as ever, too much Tiger, I don't care about the reasons I want to see the shots of those who are in contention, how many shots of Cink and Poulter did we see yesterday? How many will we see today, maybe a few more cause he's playing with Tiger!

The BBC do have their own cameras on the course so they can show a bit more but still could be better.

Yeah the commentators were bragging about having extra cameras so they could "show UK audiences more coverage of British & European golfers" than what the US feed shows or something like that.

And then they went back to waxing lyrical about Tiger! And how because he was now six shots behind he was "right back in contention" and "in with a shout of the lead!"

Seriously, I could swear I could hear some heavy breathing and light rapid clapping noises, like skin pounding against skin for a moment.

Its absolutely appalling that they had this fixation on Tiger while there was a thrilling consted going on between Immelman, Snedeker & Casey. Snedeker really did pull a peach or two out of the bag to recover from hitting the water earlier.

Cheers for the help guys, sounds like it was a good round yesterday.
You see i really love Tiger when he's playing well, and i can understand why they want to keep concentrating on him, but he's not played well in this tournament. And to keep going back to every freaking shot, to keep having Alliss talking about how great his physique is, is quite frankly not the homo-erotic display i wanted when i turned on the bbc.
Also, Gary Linekar? Come on, so he plays golf in his spare time, let's get someone a bit more decent!

I agree, I respect Tiger, especially for his come back in the 2004 masters and how he's managing to at least recover from his poor first and second rounds, but I don't want to hear him all the time. They kept going back to 'vintage Tiger', sometimes inturrupting coverage of the leaders. That was really annoying.

This isn't the first time Alliss was masturbated about one of his favourites. Before Tiger it was Arnold Palmer. The period between Palmer and Woods was one of the most depressing periods for Alliss because he didn't have anyone to **** over...

Good to see Trevor taking the major yesterday, then.
Deserved and that lead he took into the final day just proved to be to much. Shame to see Snedeker falling away at the end, but Tiger just couldn't do anything right to catch up with Trevor.
Mickelson, being one of my favourite golfers, just didn't have the consistency this time around and i was gutted to see him end up with 2 under.
Justin Rose ended up with a shocker of a score and Poulter just lost his concentration and never looked like finding his way back.
Shame the winds were so strong yesterday, but it made for a good challenge and a get end to the tournaement.

Great win for Immelman as its always nice to see someone other than Woods picking up a major. So the guy who was leading going into the final day actually wins the tournament,you dont see that too often in the big competitions. Also I never tire of watching golf at Augusta it is without doubt the most perfect course and some of the pin placings were tough to say the least. Can anyone tell me if non-members can play there as it has to be one of my sporting dreams to play at Augusta.

I'm not sure if non-members can play there, if they can then it would cost a bomb i'm sure.
I know there are courses scattered all around Augusta, but as to whether you or i could walk in and play is another question entirely.

I would have thought that a member could sign a guest in at an astronomical cost mind you considering membership costs between â'¬15000-â'¬30000.

I would have thought that a member could sign a guest in at an astronomical cost mind you considering membership costs between â'¬15000-â'¬30000.
[/b]
I`l stick to pitch n putt then

Latest posts