• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

USA Eagles -vs- All Blacks (24/10/21) 8.30am NZT

Australian World Cups would be focused on Sydney, Canberra, and Brisbane with some matches thrown to Perth, Melbourne, and maybe Adelaide. Touring there would be considerably easier than the US where you'd have to decide on whether to focus on New York or LA. Hitting all our major cities would be such a pain in the ass I just don't see it being plausible.

In regards to the field, it's ******* FedEx Field, what do you expect. It's owned and operated by the most corrupt organization in pro sports that's in the news more for its hostile work place environment and potential congressional investigations than it is for being good at football. This May, the team finally upgraded the playing surface after 24, TWENTY FOUR, years and numerous complaints from players about the quality of the turf. I'm confident a competent organization could pick stadia that didn't suck ass.

And just because the middle of our country has corn and therefore doesn't qualify as a desert doesn't mean it's worth your while.

There are a few very strong reasons for the US not to host a Rugby World Cup, but the match on Saturday doesn't show anything for or against.
in fairness though, the MLR rugby teams are pretty spread out and surely those would be where you would want at least serval games....your already trying to grow interest in those areas...you cant just ignore them when the world cup comes around

really doesn't seem that complicated, pools based either on the west cost, east coast or in the middle, travel only becomes an issue for playoffs

US-Rugby-Graphic-2.png

in fairness though, the MLR rugby teams are pretty spread out and surely those would be where you would want at least serval games....your already trying to grow interest in those areas...you cant just ignore them when the world cup comes around

really doesn't seem that complicated, pools based either on the west cost, east coast or in the middle, travel only becomes an issue for playoffs

US-Rugby-Graphic-2.png
Absolutely I agree, it would be regional based pools with playoffs in major cities. It can be done. I just think that that the cons of travel in the US aren't made up of by enough pros. If WR wants to do it, they'll find a way to make it not suck but IDK man. USA Rugby is just a few years out of bankruptcy and I understand it would be an outside marketing firm running things, but if I'm World Rugby I'm sticking to countries I know can throw a massive shindig with minimal investment.

Absolutely I agree, it would be regional based pools with playoffs in major cities. It can be done. I just think that that the cons of travel in the US aren't made up of by enough pros. If WR wants to do it, they'll find a way to make it not suck but IDK man. USA Rugby is just a few years out of bankruptcy and I understand it would be an outside marketing firm running things, but if I'm World Rugby I'm sticking to countries I know can throw a massive shindig with minimal investment.
i guess ticking to existing countries doesn't make them new money

Latest posts