• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

USA vs NZ Maori (Maori All Blacks)

Larksea

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
I'm looking forward to this game as much as the all black game, heck and the baba's game as well which has tons of kiwis.

This is a ridiculously strong Maori side. Very close to a NZ B side, and IMO has 3 guys who look like they are heading for long strong All Black careers. McKenzie & Ioane Brothers. and IMO James Lowe should be an All Black, add in TKB, Dixon who are in the current squad and Weber who has a test cap and could easily be a test player as well.... Tom Franklin & kane Hames have also been recent All Blacks.

Another guy to look out for if your not familiar with some of these players is Kara Pryor, the guy is a freak. hes quick, got mad skills and yes NZ have another quality 7 who seems like hes all over the park.

NZ MAORI: Damian McKenzie, Rieko Ioane, Matt Proctor, Tim Bateman, James Lowe, Ihaia West, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Akira Ioane, Kara Pryor, Elliot Dixon, Tom Franklin, Jacob Skeen, Ben May, Ash Dixon (captain), Kane Hames. Reserves: Joe Royal, Chris Eves, Marcel Renata, Leighton Price, Shane Christie, Brad Weber, Marty McKenzie, Sean Wainui.

attachment.php

sory for my ignorace! damian mc kenzie is maori?? he doesent look like one! neither some other members of the team? how do they name the scuad? it can be half maori half scott? please explain!!!

Attachments

• mck.jpg
    mck.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
oh ffs, we are starting clever and barrett... i hope we lose by 40

sory for my ignorace! damian mc kenzie is maori?? he doesent look like one! neither some other members of the team? how do they name the scuad? it can be half maori half scott? please explain!!!

There are no full blood Maori left, and very few half-caste Maori either. Intermarriage will do that to a minority race.

Before 1974, a Maori was defined as someone who was half-caste or more. But by 1974 it was increasingly difficult for many Maori to work out what, precisely, was their proportion of Maori blood for electoral, land and other purposes.

The Maori Affairs Amendment Act 1974 redefined a Maori as "a person of the Maori race of New Zealand; and includes any descendant of such a Maori".

Paul ***o doesn't look Maori either... but he is!

13284.jpg

Last edited:
I read John Mitchell saying a month ago that he can't recall his best players from Europe, like the big Toulon loose forward they have. Apparently they couldn't recall 12 of their best players.

If that's true, what a shame. This was a good chance for the States to measure where they're at, instead of fielding a B team and getting thrashed like they did.

Is half-caste still a used/acceptable term in NZ? I almost winced when reading it.

Not a great start for Mitchell but early days. I watched an interview with him and wasn't overly impressed. Apparently he is living full time in SA and will pop over to the states when he feels like it?

https://youtu.be/kAmajotMwPg

I didn't see the game but from the highlights, Akira looked very dangerous. And his interplay with McKenzie was also very impressive. Disappointed not to see Rieko open up, or Dixon (Elliot) but still, some bright stars in there.

Latest posts