• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Use of ALT key in Rugby08

S

soto14

Surely this question is more related to basics of the game of rugby more than to Rugby 08 itself...
Could someone explain me why sometimes you can use the ALT key to use hands in rucks with no problem, whereas some other times it conveys an infringement and therefore a penalty?

Sometimes the Ref won't see you in real life, so this has been implemented into the game.

Basically, sometimes you're allowed to legitimatlly cheat in Rugby 08.

Same thing with the throw not being straight/forward passes/knock ons/feeding/hooking before the balls in/

Yes becuase it wins you the ball, which is similar to RM, because he wins the ball.

The P key is like George Smith, because it does nothing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Dec 16 2008, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes becuase it wins you the ball, which is similar to RM, because he wins the ball.

The P key is like George Smith, because it does nothing.[/b]

hahahah :)

I have found that quickly tapping the Alt key instead of holding it down yields more success in terms of turn overs won. Your chances of getting a turn over also increases when you are on the attack in side the oposition 22.

Is your controller compatible, and calibrated properly in windows?

****s*

Sorry, i have developed tourettes from using windows vista.

*arsebadger*

I'm using my keyboard, but I bought the laptop in late 2007 and it came with Vista, so I'm surprised if it's not compatible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Feb 11 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is your controller compatible, and calibrated properly in windows?

****s*

Sorry, i have developed tourettes from using windows vista.

*arsebadger*[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (razorjn @ Mar 9 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
can you change the controls for rugby 08?[/b]

no you can't. i'm not sure why you would want to anyway. i can't think of a better configuration with the amount of keys needed...

This topic is kinda stupid don't you reckon?
I mean, most of the time when pressing ALT always gives away the penatly.
So why bother?

the alt key should pretty much just be used as a last resort if you keep losing the ball in the rucks or have no chance at all in the scrums. it rarely helps but its an option

Latest posts