• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Van Velze???

reis

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ethiopia
Club or Nation
Northampton
Are there any SA fans who know if Gerit Jan Van Velze is really a top prospect? I watched a couple of videos but it didn't showcase much

Are there any SA fans who know if Gerit Jan Van Velze is really a top prospect? I watched a couple of videos but it didn't showcase much

he was captain of the u-20 springbok team a while back if i remember correctly. never impressed me THAT much. etzebeth, kruger, elstadt are all better than him.

cheers. kruger is pretty awesome though, would like to see him return to Saints. Hopefully if anyone can develop a player's potential it is the Saints coachin team

He would have been behind Potgieter and Stander for the Bulls, so I can't really blame him.

yeah, never really stepped up to the Currie Cup or Super 15 calibre. He's a good player, but doesn't have that X-factor which so many other guys possess now.

CJ Stander, Jaqcues Potgieter, Dewald Potgieter, Deon Stegman, Arno Botha and Pierre Spies are all better than him at the Bulls alone...

I see the Saints have signed Van Velze, no real loss to the Bulls IMO.

That's probably what most Bull fans said when Kruger left though. He could surprise you guys!

Latest posts