Varsity match

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Currently 42-10 to Oxford after 55 minutes.

Does anyone else see the irony in a varsity rugby league match?

Surely the Varsity RL match should be Leeds Met vs Manchester or something along those lines =/

Yes, but they are universities. Only the rich and the middle class go to Uni. And they play Union. According to the RL fraternity. Because they're called Tarquin.

*please let there be someone called Tarquin in one of these teams*

"Tarquin passes to Weatherby, Weatherby with a wonderful step gets past Rupert, deft offload to Hugo who beats Raife and is in under the posts"

"Tarquin passes to Weatherby, Weatherby with a wonderful step gets past Rupert, deft offload to Hugo who beats Raife and is in under the posts"

Got a lotta love for that comment, as I have played with/against everyone of those names. Best name was, raife william jonathan cuthburt- montague. Nothing I hate more than double barrelled upper class pricks.

Rant over

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - get it it's good

Didn't even know this existed. Do they try bring in some ex internationals like they do in the Union game for this.

They don't "bring in" ex-internationals, the likes of Vickerman and Roff only have played in the Union varsity because they happened to be studying at the time. For that matter, being an international in league is about as valuable as being an "all star" in basketball - no f'er to play against even if you become one. In the league Varsity, they may draught in a token Northerner to join in with the uni toffs.

You're thinking of the boat race where they offer mickey mouse courses as a freebee to get the championship rowers.

raife william jonathan cuthburt- montague
Victorian%20era-%20Vanity%20fair%20cartoon%201877.jpg

Latest posts