TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Pushing a lady Tiggers fan, and making inappropriate gestures and comments to the crowd:

http://www.planetrugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,16024_6152201,00.html

Stay classy Venter!

Chief executive Ed Griffiths said he was also unhappy that Venter had to sit amongst home supporters during Saturday's encounter.

He said: "Brendan was put in an impossible situation at Leicester.

I don't know Martin Johnson, but he seems like a man who would have a short temper. He didn't palm that French woman in the 6N who was in front of him/shouting in his face - Venter could've/should've done the same.

Schalk Brits also in the dock for "gesturing" at the crowd, and Craig Newby in there for a dangerous tackle.

It mentions in the article that Venters ban from earlier in the year has been "suspended until the end of the year", is that like a suspended sentance where if you offend again you serve your time? So he'll now miss the playoffs and (if Sarries get through) GP final?

Last edited:
I currently have a black eye because I started a fight last Friday night when some lads shoved my girlfriend, and this is on the principle that you don't push women. If Venter's pushed a lady, then he deserves to be in a lot of trouble. Out of order.

I think we all hope this is all blown out of proportion for an otherwise nothing incident, sadly however when you remember Venters previous both as a player then his overall attitude as a coach, it doesn't surprise me.

Another example of how rugny can't cope with professionalism.

Yet more of Eddie Griffiths reminding us how Dallaglio used to do the "it's us vs them" arguments, only amazingly being both more irritating and less intelligent about it. As much as his pig-headded ignorance is amusing, the sooner he fucks off the better.

As for Venter... At least he didn't intentionally his the woman, although the (liberal use of alleged) arrogant, racist shithead should still be apologetic for accidentally bonking the woman on the head. Also, sicking your Vs up at a crowd isn't tolerated at all. He could stand to learn to do a thing or 2 about decorum himself instead of nonchalantly eating biscuits whilst sentence is being passed.... Which in an ironic twist sums up the arrogance of of the bloke himself.

Venter is a hothead, but why do you call him a racist?

Because of his *liberal use of the word alleged applied here to keep the layers away* rant at Soane Tonga'uiha after the LV= Semi-Final when he called him every name under the sun in Afrikaans, including "How dare you play so well against us" and "You white-loving" somethingorother - That and the *Alleged* racial slurs against Brian Mujati from Sarries players in the same match are the reasons he changed his mind about moving there and backed out of the contract.

If it hadn't been for one of the Saffas at Saints who understood it, shithead Venter probable would have gotten away with it too.

Because of his *liberal use of the word alleged applied here to keep the layers away* rant at Soane Tonga'uiha after the LV= Semi-Final when he called him every name under the sun in Afrikaans, including "How dare you play so well against us" and "You white-loving" somethingorother - That and the *Alleged* racial slurs against Brian Mujati from Sarries players in the same match are the reasons he changed his mind about moving there and backed out of the contract.

If it hadn't been for one of the Saffas at Saints who understood it, shithead Venter probable would have gotten away with it too.

Those claims sound a bit speculative, perhaps a bit emotional as well considering the recent bitter history between Sarries and Saints. Wouldn't there of been a bit more fuss made about something that serious? I mean, if you get banned for standing up in the stands then surely this is permanent ban type allegations.

No speculation at all. *spash of lawyer deferring "allegedly" goes here".

It is what happened and was delt with behind closed doors... Why do you think Saracens suddenly went very quiet about the Tonga'uiha incident overnight, considering how much fuss was made beforehand?

This is all huge speculation.

The "allegedly" racist venter actually owns and runs an HIV/AIDS clinic in one of the most deprived areas of South Africa and has been active in prompting HIV awareness in South Africa.

Also the saracens team who "allegedly" call guys like Tiny and Mujati every racist name under the sun actually don't do anything of the sort otherwise you wouldn't see guys like Kameli Ratovou or Moses Raweluni having the time of their lives right now.

Nothing of this has ever been mentioned ever and saying that this is just being hidden behind closed doors is a load of crappy to honest.

(Edit: I'll also note that racially motivated assault can cover the physical and verbal variety and is illegal so any idea that any kind of racial abuse can just be swept under the carpet in some smoky backroom deal between Saints and Saracens is utterly absurd. In the highly unlikely case that any of this is true then shame on Mallinder and Barwell for thinking that turning a blind eye to racism and not reporting this to the proper authorities like any good citizen is okay...this is all hypothetical and alleged by the way)

The more pertinent question is what exactly is more damaging to the core values of rugby? Bowing and blowing kisses to opposition fans or eye gouging in a major lions international?

Well just so happens that the RFU feel that blowing a kiss is worse as venter got double what schalk burger got.

The whole thing is a farce and its a view shared by most of the media who have all pointed out that venter and his team were sat (not as in "chose to sat" but "were sat") in the worst part of the stand which the media know because they get tons of abuse from tigers fans every time they stand up there too (the media are sat close by).

I was a loose supporter of the RFU but this goes beyond silly when venter is condemned for eating biscuits put out on the table. It's utter madness....no....THIS IS BLAZER LAAAAND!

I'd support a fine plus his 4 week suspended sentence being activated but 14 (with the possibility of it being increased if he appeals? Is that true?) ...no wonder rugby isn't taken seriously.

As a Saracens fan, I don't approve of what you say as it tarnishes our whiter-then-white image, so I poo-pooh your comment. I also believe, and only because they're associated with Saracens, that Griffiths and Venter are men of high moral quality therefore would never behave in a deplorable manor.

Saracens are being hard-done-by. My mates on the Sport Network told me so.

Translated

I'd support a fine plus his 4 week suspended sentence being activated but 14 (with the possibility of it being increased if he appeals? Is that true?) ...no wonder rugby isn't taken seriously.

That 14 week ban equals 1 game, the RFU really do need to sort things out. (I still think Venter is an idiot and needs to go away, though.)

Edit - What I mean is, why give a long ban if it doesn't have that much of an effect? Either just ban him for the one game, or carry the suspension over into next season.

Last edited:
I currently have a black eye because I started a fight last Friday night when some lads shoved my girlfriend, and this is on the principle that you don't push women. If Venter's pushed a lady, then he deserves to be in a lot of trouble. Out of order.
Sexist. getget

Translated

Sorry, your Google translate doesn't work, let me try:

Sorry but I don't agree with you because your allegations are absolute ******** made up in order to agitate saracens fans. If they were true, Mallinder and Barwell would be equally as ******* despicable as venter and the saracens squad for basically condoning racism by turning a blind eye in some BS shady back room deal with the devil. But none of this is true so STFU you sour old puss and admit that the better team won last week!

There, that's basically the gist of it. But you do understand the bit about mallinder and barwell if this is true* right? Because I would have absolutely no respect for someone happy to sweep something as serious as racially motivated assault against one or their own players under the carpet.

*which it isn't, proof or STFU.

Right... Because I'm from Northampton, if I say anything that even remotely resembles painting Venter, Griffiths or Saracens in a bad light, I'm instantly talking ********? Is that how your logic works? Didn't realise TRF was on the ******* SportNetwork and we're not allowed to talk about a club unless we're one the fans...

If you want to be like that, go back to your one-eyed fuckwit friends on TheSaracens.com - maybe Large, Conveh Hull or one of their knowitall sort can give you their versions of the full ins and outs which sound much nicer about the nutty professor. I know what went on and really couldn't give a stuff if you put up a weak ass argument against it or not.

PS BTW "Proof or STFU" is impossible on a forum, so grow up.

Not at all, just saying that what you are saying (i.e. covering up a crime against one or two of your players in some shady deal with saracens) doesn't make any sense.

If you knew logic and if you knew your coaching staff then you would know that the idea of malinder and barwell agreeing to basically cover up racial harassment against two saints players is utterly illogical.

If it were true I would consider venter, mallinder, Edwards and barwell all the lowest of the low because one side would have committed a crime and the other would be guilty of covering it up. I'm actually a bit shocked that you are comfortable with your team covering up racial abuse against some of your own players.

What, instead of not going to the media and calling them lots of names, only to suddenly go very quiet and sheepish on the whole issue?

Open your eyes Prestwick.

Northampton didn't need to get into the war of words with them, nor did they need to damage the image of the game, themeslves, Saracens or anyone else involved more then Necessary.... A timeline for you:

- It happened to Mujati during the game by the Saffie players
- It happened to Tiny after the game by Venter
- Tiny told Saracens to f-off so far as the contract went
- Venter went to the media and called Tiny even more names
- Griffiths went to the media and called Saints names
- The PRL tribuneral happened - When exactly do you think it may have been dealt with
- Saracens went very quiet.
- Saracens play mind games and approach Brian Mujati to sign him just before last weeks Semis.

I'd expect nothing less from a club where their CEO is a biggoted soccer-man with little-man syndrome who (in his own mind) is "the sole reason for South Africa winning the 95 World cup". (As put in his book).

I feel sorry for the old school Fezheads. Between the bullshit that comes from Saracens management and the new wave of soccer-fans who have jumped on the bandwaggon, the image of the club is really in the shitter and everyone associated gets tarnished because of it. Sooner or later the wheels will come off and they'll find themselves never winning and universally hated.

Also I am not the one who needs to grow up because I am not the one sulking because their team lost to saracens last week and I am not the one throwing around wild accusations.

You either say something with a shred of proof or get over the fact that the team which you hate the most beat your team. Whichever comes first I pray to god its soon.

Also I am not the one who needs to grow up because I am not the one sulking because their team lost to saracens last week and I am not the one throwing around wild accusations.

You either say something with a shred of proof or get over the fact that the team which you hate the most beat your team. Whichever comes first I pray to god its soon.

EDIT: I'm not comfortable with any of this. I'm not comfortable that there is the mere mention of institutionalised racism in my club, I am not comfortable with the insinuation that there is an acceptance and a culture of condoning of racism in other clubs such as Northampton Saints (and yes, doing a deal to keep quiet about racial abuse IS condoning) and I'm not comfortable about where this conversation is going so I'm off to bed.

Latest posts