• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

(Very) early thoughts on the 2017 Lions

I think he is making a stupid decision TBH.

I mean this might be his only chance to do a lions tour, now i understand if he doesn't care about being a lion.

Not entirely sure why a top international class rugby player arranges their wedding during the Lions tour.....

Mostly suspecting he didn't expect to be selected at all for some reason and couldn't give a damn about the Argentina tour.

Not entirely sure why a top international class rugby player arranges their wedding during the Lions tour.....

Mostly suspecting he didn't expect to be selected at all for some reason and couldn't give a damn about the Argentina tour.

Maybe he wanted a break and thought **** it .... haha

Was only commenting on the news headlines off 1 of the Mail or Telegraph or somewhere but it seems Warburton is London-bound.
The Munster boys are due in in the next hour so will pass on if any got a text/call/pigeon carrier

Let's take more players who have never tasted southern hemisphere success over players who have. Madness that JJ isn't included, madness that Biggar and Roberts might well be, even Teo is a ridiculous call.. Surely when picking a squad you chose some variety?!

Why would they show any variety in their intent to play? Wales haven't in 10 years.

We could take the best defensive 15 and NZ would still score a mountain of tries, problem is we won't score any. It's not like our more attacking players are weak in defence?! Where is the flair? Gatland really is a mug!

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they show any variety in their intent to play? Wales haven't in 10 years.

:D

And now we know how it feels to be Welsh, and why they are annoyed with Gats/Howley. Thing is Wales have the best backrow balance in the NH, and quality at wing/fb but all the stodge means they will never succeed in the future under Gats. Bash bash used to work, not anymore.

Last edited:
It's a rugby forum mate people are posting opinions about the reported squad. This very thread is about opinions of the squad and the speculation surrounding it. If anything is childish it's not adding to the debate and just posting gifs and memes trying to look funny.

orig-9036521.jpg

My point still stands :lol:. Lighten up will you. Not hear to be funny, but obviously your tinted glasses are on so you can't see through it. Only thing is childish is some of the debate going on here over the past week in response to the "reported" squad. Tribalism at its best. Seriously it is not a debate, it is more of an over reaction based on nothing, which I find hilarious.

EDIT: Look at some of the above comments :lol:

Cymro on this thread tomorrow.

fap.gif~c200

Well ... I was more going to be ... with ... @TRF_Olyy

get-the-tables-o.gif

Last edited:
Can't we just take Brad Barritt? Banahan? Thomas the Tank? Roberts will set them free.

mrw-my-yr-old-niece-says-youre-the-best-uncle-in-the-world-39815.gif

The squad hasn't even been announced yet and people are acting like spoiled 5 year olds with their toys out of the pram ... some of the comments and reactions in this thread are hysterically funny, even to the point of nationalism and supporting the All Blacks. When I want a good laugh, I know which thread to come to. It is like 2005 all over again :lol:.

Looking forward to the announcement, the media have done very well to hype up the announcement so people will watch it on TV.

People are allowed to comment and speculate and have fun doing so. There's a fair bit of deliberate ****-posting but that's all part of the build-up. It's a forum after all and it's been working well here recently... If you're not getting anything out of reading these comments you don't have to.

Yep! I'm not angry at more Welsh/Irish over English, I'm sure any sensible rugby fan can see that JJ offers more over Roberts and Teo, or Ford, Russell or Sam Davies offer more/difference over Biggar as third choice FH.

More importantly I was hoping Hackshaw would go to NZ so Eng could play are more 'fun' backrow on the Argie tour...

Yep! I'm not angry at more Welsh/Irish over English, I'm sure any sensible rugby fan can see that JJ offers more over Roberts and Teo, or Ford, Russell or Sam Davies offer more/difference over Biggar as third choice FH.

Wholeheartedly agree!

Happy Warburton is captain not sure AWJ starts so this is the best option for me.

Latest posts