• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Victor Matfield to Return?

This exact same report was in the news last year too!

Just like then, I doubt that it will realise, and if it does, it will be more like a player-advisory role. Basically more like a coach, but could play if there are too many injuries.

The Bulls have Grant Hattingh, Paul Willemse, Flip van Der Merwe, David Bullbring, with young prospects such as Irne Herbst and Schalk van Heerden (Wicus van Heereden's Brother) and then not to mention Jacques Du Plessis who is 2.1m tall, but played flanker and 8th man.

Derick Hougaard is more likely to feature with Morne Steyn going abroad. But that too I think is not going to realise. The Bulls have Tony Jantjies and Handre Pollard, who both played Currie Cup this year, and then also have Jurgen Visser as a back-up.

Derick Hougaard is more likely to feature with Morne Steyn going abroad. But that too I think is not going to realise. The Bulls have Tony Jantjies and Handre Pollard, who both played Currie Cup this year, and then also have Jurgen Visser as a back-up.

Who has been Steyn's back up for the last couple of years?

Who has been Steyn's back up for the last couple of years?

Interesting question.

During the Super Rugby it was Louis Fouche, and he's still part of the setup and is under contract until 2015. But he has an ankle problem, and they don't know how long it will take to heal.

During the Currie Cups, Morne didn't feature in the last 2 years. This year, because of him moving to France, and last year he was rested.

My best bet will be that the Bulls stick with Handre as first choice and use Tony as backup. Louis can also play centre.

They guy played rugby at the highest level and has lots of resources available to him. Maybe he just wants to stay in good shape and keep playing for some club team in his area.

Why would he not use the Bulls then to help him stay and shape. Its like he can get exercises and training while at work. Besides guy has to keep looking good for that wife of his... HELLO!!!

They guy played rugby at the highest level and has lots of resources available to him. Maybe he just wants to stay in good shape and keep playing for some club team in his area.

Why would he not use the Bulls then to help him stay and shape. Its like he can get exercises and training while at work. Besides guy has to keep looking good for that wife of his... HELLO!!!

He's already training with thw guys. He's been training with them since retirement. He's been a coach with the Bulls siince the start of the year, and there are no reports that his position is vacant, or available. So this report is premature. Nothing stops him from playing club rugby, but the club season only starts in March and ends in September...

So local club rugby is very similar to the Currie Cup schedule in SA?

Thought it might be a bit longer. Or like us in Canada with Hockey, just be year round, with summer leagues that you can join.

Latest posts