• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Victor Matfield...Whats the story with that arm guard?

T

TRUE LEGND

My person opinion Victor Matfield is the best in his position in the world I'm sure the majority of you on here would agree with me on that " BUT" Whats under that arm guard????

He does not appear to a have particular weak or damaged forearm which needs protective cover. It cant be an aid for leaping or catching in the line out. So, whats the story any of you know???

We use to sellotape our forearms so when it came to tackles, it would be harder if we hit the opposition.. I always wondered why ppl at international level don't do the same?

I've heard he has something hard under there to hurt the opposition with. Dunno if it's true.

he probably broke it somewhere down the line like i have, and when that particular part of the bone gets hit where you broke it it feels kind of funny, and can sometimes be painful. If he had somethign hard under there im sure he wouldnt wear the CCC padding on top of the tape. My guess is its a past injury.

I've heard he has something hard under there to hurt the opposition with. Dunno if it's true.
[/b]

Yip last time I heard was a metal plate underneath there.

victor_matfield_214x301px.jpg

His arms look pretty strong in here, but he's been using the 'arm guard' for such a long time.

Its for hurting the opposite teams players!!!!!!!!!!!
And I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I though Thomas only used tape, first time I've really seen his arm up close though.

But his doesn't look metal, and he doesn't put it on his shoulder and barge people with it.

It seems to be a growing trend amongst the Bulls players.

I say it's time they lose the prosthetics and fight like men!

i used to wear one when i played. only because i had a habit of raising my forearm when i ran took the ball up. and because i was abit of a grub. good for the swinging arm.

i used to wear one when i played. only because i had a habit of raising my forearm when i ran took the ball up. and because i was abit of a grub. good for the swinging arm.
[/b]

Nice point .... I wonder if Victor feels the same way :eek:

Gareth Thomas always does the same.

thomas_gareth_v_abs_d.jpg

r50877_135583.jpg

[/b]

Wouldnt it be less suspicious if he would wear an arm guard thingy on his other hand too?
Btw the guy in the second picture looks like he has spikes growing out of his arm.

Definately something under there to hurt the opposition with. Especially them re-conditioned All Blacks. After all, going by the reports from NZ, the Chosen have all grown to 7 foot, Jerry Collins can now apparently bench press a small Lear Jet, and Rok and Sivivatu are running the 100m in just a shade under 8 seconds. So obviously he needs all the help he can get against that lot.......... as seen in the Super 14 recently.

...and Rok and Sivivatu are running the 100m in just a shade under 8 seconds. [/b]

What do you mean by a shade under 8 seconds? the current record is just over 9 secs held by sprinter Asafa Powell of Jamaica I think.

<div class='quotemain'>
...and Rok and Sivivatu are running the 100m in just a shade under 8 seconds. [/b]

What do you mean by a shade under 8 seconds? the current record is just over 9 secs held by sprinter Asafa Powell of Jamaica I think.
[/b][/quote]
Someone seems to have lost the art of sarcasm :p

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

9.77 seconds to be exact

Latest posts