• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vodacom Bulls vs Blues

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Feb 23 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Haha, mickey mouse rugby.. Are you kidding me?
Nobody will force you boys to like the brand of rugby played down here but a little respect would adequate as our so called mickey mouse rugby shat on the NH teams from a great height just a few months ago.[/b]
Aha, I have plenty of respect for your countries and players who **** on the NH at regular intervals, but none for the Super 14. ;)

I think having the winner of the S14 play the winner of the H Cup would be a good idea, given how close Munster were to embarrassing NZ last year.

The European clubs are only looking good coz the bulk of the teams consist of a mass exodus of South African players (that couldn't make the grade back home and/or either retired from International Rugby) and retired All Blacks and young All Blacks only going for money. Take all the southern hemisphere players out of your Heineken cup and we'll see how crap it really is :p.

Um... maybe this list will help...

FRANCE

Stade Français
Pieter de Villiers (French international), Boela du Plooy, Brian Liebenberg (French international), Frans Viljoen, Noel Ulsich

Toulouse
Daan Human, Gaffie du Toit

Cleremont Auvergne
Grant Esterhuizen

Perpignan
Gavin Hume, Gerrie Britz

Bourgoin
Rudi Coetzee, Wessel Jooste

Montauban
Braam Immelman

Castres
Danie Saayman, Gerhard Vosloo

Brive
Vickus Liebenberg, Johan van Zyl, Hendrik Gerber, Charl van Rensburg

Montpellier
Drikus Hancke, Rickus Lubbe

Bayonne
Rob Linde, Jacques Deen, Sam Gerber, Eduard Coetzee

Narbonne
Henk Eksteen, Retief Uys, Tinus van Rensburg

Agen
Willem Stoltz, Adri Badenhorst, Pietman van Niekerk, Conrad Stoltz

Toulon (Division Two)
Daniel Muller, Nicky Smit, Charl van Vliet, Nico Breedt, Norman Jordaan, Chris Rossouw

ENGLAND

Gloucester
Rudi Keil, Jake Boer

Saracens
Cobus Visagie, Neil de Kock

London Irish
Mike Catt (England international), Danie Coetzee, Faan Rautenbach

NEC Harlequins
Stuart Abbott (England international), Hal Luscombe (Wales international), Andre Vos

Bath
Pieter Dixon, Hottie Louw, Matt Stevens (England international), Michael Claassens, Butch James

Newcastle Falcons
Russell Winter

Worcester Warriors
Thinus Delport, Greg Rawlinson (New Zealand international)

Northampton Saints
Joe van Niekerk, Geoff Appleford (England international), Pat Barnard

NOTE: I know this article was dated 08, but it just gives you an idea how many foreign talent make up the European Leagues, What about Australian, New Zealand and South Sea Islanders?

We're proud of our Rugby and will always be dominant over Northern Hemisphere because we groom young talent and have an abundance thereof. That's why the National Teams simply cannot compete with us. 1 solitary victory over Australia during the entire tour last season - shocking.

Sorry to interrupt but this is just ******...The reason why we're flooded with saffas is because they're cheaper than french players...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShaheenJ @ Feb 24 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The European clubs are only looking good coz the bulk of the teams consist of a mass exodus of South African players (that couldn't make the grade back home and/or either retired from International Rugby) and retired All Blacks and young All Blacks only going for money. Take all the southern hemisphere players out of your Heineken cup and we'll see how crap it really is :p .

Um... maybe this list will help...

FRANCE

Stade Français
Pieter de Villiers (French international), Boela du Plooy, Brian Liebenberg (French international), Frans Viljoen, Noel Ulsich

Toulouse
Daan Human, Gaffie du Toit hardly plays any game

Cleremont Auvergne
Grant Esterhuizen is **** and never plays

Perpignan
Gavin Hume, Gerrie Britz are average and are not first XV

Bourgoin
Rudi Coetzee, Wessel Jooste

Montauban
Braam Immelman

Castres
Danie Saayman, Gerhard Vosloo

Brive
Vickus Liebenberg, Johan van Zyl, Hendrik Gerber, Charl van Rensburg

Montpellier
Drikus Hancke, Rickus Lubbe are ****

Bayonne
Rob Linde, Jacques Deen, Sam Gerber, Eduard Coetzee

Narbonne plays in second division
Henk Eksteen, Retief Uys, Tinus van Rensburg

Agen plays in second division
Willem Stoltz, Adri Badenhorst, Pietman van Niekerk, Conrad Stoltz

Toulon (Division Two)
Daniel Muller, Nicky Smit, Charl van Vliet, Nico Breedt, Norman Jordaan, Chris Rossouw

NOTE: I know this article was dated 08, but it just gives you an idea how many foreign talent make up the European Leagues, What about Australian, New Zealand and South Sea Islanders? It gives you an idea of the financial power of Europe compared to SA OZ NZ etc...

We're proud of our Rugby and will always be dominant over Northern Hemisphere because we groom young talent and have an abundance thereof. That's why the National Teams simply cannot compete with us. 1 solitary victory over Australia during the entire tour last season - shocking.

Do me a favour, watch old games...I suppose the french beating you and drawing in SA in 2006 (among other games) has unfortunately slipped your mind ?[/b]

You've missed the best SA player playing in france, Shawn Sowerby...

I'll do one!

Ospreys - None

Blues - None

Scarlets - None

Dragons - None

Nice one, Shaheen!!

oh well france beat us at home and drew, i'm not saying southern hemisphere rugby is totally invincible, BUT, since '87 only england managed to win a world cup. it's 5 - 1 at the highest level. it would be real interesting to see a world club league, just for one season, but sadly that would never happen. you'll get your dose of reality soon though when the british and irish lions come to sa...

This thread got so badly jacked...

Anyway, regarding the laws, we have used all variations of the ELV's, and not just one. So i think our opinions count more than yours!

SH ELV's > NH ELV's

bleh

heh.. at the end of it all, the irb will probably revert back to the old laws. i can see it happening and just before the world cup starts in 2011... lol

The thing that i love most is the fact that games are not won on stupid penalty kicks all the time. Because the teams now have less opportunities to get easy points, they try that much harder to score them. I remember the first Tri-Nations game of 2004 when we lost 21-23 to New Zealand. We were the better team, and scored 3 tries to 1, yet we lost because of so many bloody kicks at goal.

People are suggesting that the gap between NH and SH teams is getting larger and larger. I think the brand of rugby being played in the super 14 thanks to these new laws is the biggest contributing factor. Rugby is a game of running and passing, as well as scoring mind blowing tries from the other end of the field. If i wanted to watch guys kicking in between posts all day ending with scores under 20 points all the time, i would have been a football fan instead.

That's not to say i hate the other rules, i just prefer free-kicks to penalties. Must be a fanboy thing...

When i watched the Super 14 last year i really enjoyed it. It was free-flowing, there was much less pinging and players wanted to ball, and to run/attack with it.

If you look at the European leagues they tend to be more about slowing the ball down in the rucks, using the forwards and kicking for territory. We tend to like drop goals and penalties.

What i noticed in S14 is that you see all elements of the game.. you see the forwards aspect we have here but it's more dynamic, but the real emphasis is on quick ball to the backs and you will see more tries because of it.. i think mainly it's because of the mentality of SH players like to run with the ball rather than kick for touch, unsuccessfully.

I remember watching Hurricanes vs Blues. Didn't really notice the forwards doing much in terms of phases of crash balls.. it was all quick ball to guys like Hosea Gear.. and he was electric.. at least 3 or 4 tries i saw scored was from plays and improptu runners just causing panic by running at defenders.. it lead to more mistakes, so there was more tries. It's not poor defence though. This is why our current toothless backplay in the NH fails to trouble the AB's, Boks and Wallabies.. they just are more used to it in the SH, and what we throw at them is nothing special.

Also, the players tend to be from their own nations in S14.. there is no mix-up of languages and nationalities which many euro clubs often field World XV's.. that must have some effect.

Generally, i think the saffas are more solid and good all-rounders, while the kiwis are the most clinical finishers, and the aussies are a great all-rounders.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 24 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You've missed the best SA player playing in france, Shawn Sowerby...[/b]

No thanks, we have Pierre Spies and Ryan Konkowski we don't need an old ass player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bull @ Feb 25 2009, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 24 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No thanks, we have Pierre Spies and Ryan Konkowski we don't need an old ass player.
[/b][/quote]

Maybe you want to read carefully before posting unneeded "old ass" replies.

<_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 25 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bull @ Feb 25 2009, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 24 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Maybe you want to read carefully before posting unneeded "old ass" replies.

<_<
[/b][/quote]

:lol:

Latest posts