• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vodacom Stormers vs The Sharks

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Teams:

Vodacom Stormers
15. Conrad Jantjes, 14. Tonderai Chavhanga, 13. Gcobani Bobo, 12. Jean de Villiers (Captain), 11. Nick Koster, 10. Peter Grant, 9. Ricky Januarie, 8. Duane Vermeulen, 7. Francois Louw, 6. Schalk Burger, 5. Andries Bekker, 4. Adriaan Fondse, 3. Brian Mujati, 2. Schalk Brits, 1. JD Moller

Replacements: 16. Deon Fourie, 17. Wicus Blaauw, 18. AJ Venter, 19. Luke Watson, 20. Bolla Conradie, 21. Johan Pietersen, 22. Percy Montgomery

The Sharks
15. Stefan Terblanche, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Adrian Jacobs, 12. Francois Steyn, 11. JP Pietersen, 10. Ruan Pienaar, 9. Rory Kockott, 8. Ryan Kankowski, 7. Jean Deysel, 6. Keegan Daniel, 5. Johann Muller (Captain), 4. Steven Sykes, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. John Smit, 1. Deon Carstens

Replacements: 16. Bismarck du Plessis, 17. Melusi Mthethwa, 18. Alistair Hargreaves, 19. Jacques Botes, 20. Ross Cronje, 21. Riaan Swanepoel, 22. Chris Jordaan[/b]

Both teams are full of experience and this should be one hell of a game!Rassie opted to start with Duane Vermeulen at no.8 to spare <strike>Puke</strike> Luke Watson the embarrassment of being boo-ed again by the Newlands crowd :rolleyes: .

With the experience of guys like AJ Venter, Bolla Conradie and Percy Montgomery on the Stormers bench I really can't see the Stormers loosing this game...

...No really I can't :unsure: :D

Oh yes I forgot to say that Koster will leave dust in the eyes of Odwa Ndungane and JP Pietersen :p .

Well Steve-o I really can't say anything about him starting on the wing now because I haven't seen him playing in that position before although I heard he scored on the wing in the warm-up game against Boland, but we'll really have to wait untill this game before we can judge him...

Great potential for a high quality clash looking at those sides! An embarrassment of riches on the Stormers bench as well.

Go the Sharks!!!!! Lets turn that Storm into a partly cloudy with light showers afternoon and all the Stormers supporters feeling a little under the weather.

Think it would be more like the Sharks getting blown away by a strong south easter :p

Erasmus turns the tables on Plumtree

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Stormers coach Rassie Erasmus has turned the tables on Sharks boss John Plumtree in the war of words ahead of Saturday's Super 14 clash at Newlands.

Plumtree subtly alerted referee Mark Lawrence that the Stormers may scrum illegally during the match.

"Mark Lawrence has a big job refereeing the scrum," Plumtree was quoted as saying on the Sharks' official website.

"We want a legal contest because there are ways of upsetting a dominant scrum -- by a lot of collapsing or angling in, so we just want a straight contest at the scrum and it is an area they will know we will look at targeting. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work that out, but that contest has to be very well-refereed to be a factor for us."

Those comments went down like a lead balloon in Cape Town and it was clear at Wednesday's press conference that Erasmus had taken exception.

"If my props were Deon Carstens and Jannie du Plessis, and both had not played since November, Beast Mtawarira is injured and John Smit is the only prop that could play in the warm-up games, I would also focus on the opposition scrum," said Erasmus.

"It's clever tactics, but I'm not sure it will work with Mark there."

The Sharks will be the favourites after winning the Currie Cup last year, but Erasmus does not believe that will necessarily be a factor in their favour.

"You can slip into a hole after winning the Currie Cup because it feels as if you've done everything," he said.

"I learned the hard way that it's two very different things to win the Currie Cup and achieve success in the Super 14.

"The one (Currie Cup) is a mechanical thing where you may get a few weeks' rest because you're playing against weaker teams.

"That is why we place so much emphasis on conditioning. The negative part of not playing in the semifinals of the Currie Cup is that people are angry with you. The positive is that you have an additional three weeks for conditioning. Hopefully that can count in our favour."[/b]

Well put Rassie :cheers:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Feb 12 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well Steve-o I really can't say anything about him starting on the wing now because I haven't seen him playing in that position before although I heard he scored on the wing in the warm-up game against Boland, but we'll really have to wait untill this game before we can judge him...[/b]

Nah I wasn't expecting an opinion, but ATLEAST a mention that this will be his 1st real pro game as a wing against the Currie Cup champs, opposite the now Test hardened JP Pietersen.
It'll be a huge learning curve for him.

If the Stormers get parity in the scrum they will run riot, no doubt bout it B)

Well I see we have some very confident supporters here, I'm inclined to agree with you, but you don't run riot against the sharks, I absolutely believe we can win the game, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

I still can't believe it's here, Super 14 2009 !
Let's get this party started. !

Oh man I cant see any team running away with it this will be one team winning by the skin of their ballsacks!!!! Go the :banana_flip: boys and give the Stormers one of these :sex011:

I'm backing the Stormers, but I think the Sharks will give the Stormers a real good run. Unless the Stormers play my team.
TeamSchalk.png

I think the Stormers will get this one too. Their backrow looks powerful and their backline should cause a few problems. Interesting to see Nick Koster playing on the wing when he played in the backrow for the Barbarians against the Wallabies last year. Percy Montgomery should help the Stormers out with some points if he's used late in the game and it's tight. Stormers by 5.

The Sharks have possibly the best front row in the S14 and the Stormers possibly have the worst front row. Plumtree will know this and keep it tight, grind down the Cape boy a bit before unleashing our backs.
Can't wait.
Sharks by 8

Can't wait for JDV to teach Frans Steyn an inside center lesson and show him why JDV IS the best inside center in the world :cheers: :bleh!: :bana:

Remember to take notes little boy... :rtfm:

Wish this one was being shown over here!
Ah well.... there are ways and means to see it ;)

Hopefully one day we'll be able to see any sport from any country live on the internet.

Don't know if you will be able to view this page Vambo, but if you can just click on the view button next to the Stormers - Sharks game and you would atleast get a live match report

Link:http://www.supersport.co.za/rugby/

Cheers.

I can view the page and looks like I can get the score updates as well. Can't watch the vids though.

Latest posts