Vodacom Stormers vs The Sharks

Discussion in 'Super Rugby' started by munross, Feb 12, 2009.

1. munross

munross Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Both teams are full of experience and this should be one hell of a game!Rassie opted to start with Duane Vermeulen at no.8 to spare <strike>Puke</strike> Luke Watson the embarrassment of being boo-ed again by the Newlands crowd :rolleyes: .

With the experience of guys like AJ Venter, Bolla Conradie and Percy Montgomery on the Stormers bench I really can't see the Stormers loosing this game...

...No really I can't :unsure: :D

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Interesting you said nothing about Koster starting on the wing

4. munross

munross Guest

Oh yes I forgot to say that Koster will leave dust in the eyes of Odwa Ndungane and JP Pietersen :p .

Well Steve-o I really can't say anything about him starting on the wing now because I haven't seen him playing in that position before although I heard he scored on the wing in the warm-up game against Boland, but we'll really have to wait untill this game before we can judge him...

5. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Great potential for a high quality clash looking at those sides! An embarrassment of riches on the Stormers bench as well.

6. TheBokke

TheBokke Guest

Go the Sharks!!!!! Lets turn that Storm into a partly cloudy with light showers afternoon and all the Stormers supporters feeling a little under the weather.

7. munross

munross Guest

Think it would be more like the Sharks getting blown away by a strong south easter :p

Erasmus turns the tables on Plumtree

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Well put Rassie :cheers:

8. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Feb 12 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Nah I wasn't expecting an opinion, but ATLEAST a mention that this will be his 1st real pro game as a wing against the Currie Cup champs, opposite the now Test hardened JP Pietersen.
    It'll be a huge learning curve for him.

9. If the Stormers get parity in the scrum they will run riot, no doubt bout it B)

10. Boggle

Boggle Guest

Well I see we have some very confident supporters here, I'm inclined to agree with you, but you don't run riot against the sharks, I absolutely believe we can win the game, but wouldn't be surprised if we don't.

I still can't believe it's here, Super 14 2009 !
    Let's get this party started. !

11. TheBokke

TheBokke Guest

Oh man I cant see any team running away with it this will be one team winning by the skin of their ballsacks!!!! Go the :banana_flip: boys and give the Stormers one of these :sex011:

12. Woldog

Woldog Guest

I'm backing the Stormers, but I think the Sharks will give the Stormers a real good run. Unless the Stormers play my team.
    [​IMG]

13. I think the Stormers will get this one too. Their backrow looks powerful and their backline should cause a few problems. Interesting to see Nick Koster playing on the wing when he played in the backrow for the Barbarians against the Wallabies last year. Percy Montgomery should help the Stormers out with some points if he's used late in the game and it's tight. Stormers by 5.

14. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

The Sharks have possibly the best front row in the S14 and the Stormers possibly have the worst front row. Plumtree will know this and keep it tight, grind down the Cape boy a bit before unleashing our backs.
    Can't wait.
    Sharks by 8

15. munross

munross Guest

Can't wait for JDV to teach Frans Steyn an inside center lesson and show him why JDV IS the best inside center in the world :cheers: :bleh!: :bana:

Remember to take notes little boy... :rtfm:

16. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Wish this one was being shown over here!
    Ah well.... there are ways and means to see it ;)

17. munross

munross Guest

Hopefully one day we'll be able to see any sport from any country live on the internet.

Don't know if you will be able to view this page Vambo, but if you can just click on the view button next to the Stormers - Sharks game and you would atleast get a live match report

Link:http://www.supersport.co.za/rugby/

18. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Cheers.

I can view the page and looks like I can get the score updates as well. Can't watch the vids though.

19. Stormers whupping the Natal nobodies 10-0 at half time B)

20. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Sounds like the Sharks making mistakes in good positions.

21. munross

munross Guest

Koster not looking too shavy on the wing...

Go Stormers!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!