Wakefield & the Franchise Criteria

Discussion in 'Super League / Northern Hemisphere' started by Vambo, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Not the best news for Trinity

And the news for Wakey fans is not good. Out of the 10 points on offer, they scored just four, which means a C licence and, as things stand, no place in Super League.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. I hate to say I told you so, but....

4. Vambo

Vambo Guest

I still don't think they will kick any of the existing 12 SL teams out.

5. Cymro

Cymro Guest

any news on the Crusaders?

6. I have said all along I think Wakefield will get the boot. Although I am going to take this with a pinch of salt. Angela Powers is an utter gobshite, a moron of the highest order.

7. Vambo

Vambo Guest

New stadium on the horizon? See other thread.

I think she's a Wire fan which explains a lot ;)

I think it'll be the shortcomings of applicants outside of SL that will be the saviour of some clubs.

8. I think the big thing with Wakefield is that you have to sit back and ask yourself "what do they offer?" Not a lot, imo. They could give that franchise to Whitehaven or somewhere worthwhile that would attract bigger crowds.

9. Vambo

Vambo Guest

I think they would look more favourably upon a merged Cumbrian team and whilst Haven, Worky & Barrow plough their own fields I don't see them as a realistic prospect.
    Wakefield are a club who can go places... Belle Vue holds them back but there is definitely a feel good factor back at the club. I expect them to challenge for a playoff spot this season and I reckon their crowds will beat some of the other clubs ie Quins.

10. I have them down to struggle myself!

11. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Brough, Rooney & Drew.
    That's more quality than most have got to offer. Aligned with good young talent like Atkins & Fox and good old pros like Demetriou... I reckon they'll do well.

12. Fox signed for Hull KR didn't he?

13. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Yeah... :blush:

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!