• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Autumn International Squad

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,9817_6458288,00.html

Aled Brew called up to train with Wales.

Will this be sort of a trial type thing, where if he performs well in training he'll stay on for the matches, or is it more of an experience building exercise, where they put him through international training so he'll be better as a player?

Good news either way, shows he's at least at the back of Gatlands mind

Well he's there to cover George North, so it looks like he will be pulling out of the squad.

It doesn't look like North will be getting any games for the Scarlets before the Welsh internationals, and he probably won't be fit for the Aus game either. Bit too much to ask him to play for Wales straight back from injury after so little professional experience. I think Gatland may keep him around the squad so he can gain experience of the intensity of training etc. Good to see Brew called up, deserves another shot imo

George North should be fit for the third game (Vs. Fiji, which coincidently was the only one he was likely to play in) and Brew has been called up to cover. He deserves it. Two seasons of hard work and finally he'll hopefully get that elusive fourth cap.

I'd go Bishop at Centre too with Hook, Bishop has impressed me this year so far and in the last Wales game he played he was arguably our best player.

Yeah he was excellent for the majority of the game v NZ.

Glad to see Brew in; is George officially out of the squad?

Bishop was no doubt one of the Ospreys best last season and definitely a starter against the Wallabies.

North is still in. I'll see how Davies plays tonight, and dependant on that go for either him or Bishop at 13 outside Hook. At the moment, however, I'm leaning towards a JD-Hooky midfield.

There are rumors that McCusker requires surgery on the injury he picked up last week. If that is true, who would come in to replace him. From what I can see there's two options, depending on how Gatland was planning on using McCusker. If he was being viewed at a 6 only, then Turnbull would have to come in as he's yet to have a poor game this season. However if McCusker was being primed for a run-out at 8 in one of the games maybe Gatland will recall Powell who's playing well with Wasps, not to mention that Ryan Jones looked inneffective once more v Glasgow.

So, Turnbull or Powell?

Latest posts