TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_49297053_tomprydie_get.jpg

Teenage wing Tom Prydie has been named in the Wales Sevens squad for the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.

The 12-man squad includes two Rugby World Cup Sevens winners Richie Pugh and Lee Williams, who return to the side after an 18 month absence.

There are three uncapped players in Prydie, fellow Ospreys flier Kristian Phillips and Llanelli's Aaron Shingler.

"It is great too to have young Ospreys Tom Prydie and Kristian Phillips on board," said coach Paul John.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/9044638.stm

Decent looking squad overall. Wonder why Tal Selly isn't involved, as he's a great sevens player. Prydie and Phillips should provide pace in abundance, expecting them to score quite a few tries between them.

Still a little disapointed that the squad isn't a little stronger, but I still think we've got a genuine chance at a medal here.

Decent looking squad overall. Wonder why Tal Selly isn't involved, as he's a great sevens player. Prydie and Phillips should provide pace in abundance, expecting them to score quite a few tries between them.

Still a little disapointed that the squad isn't a little stronger, but I still think we've got a genuine chance at a medal here.

Tal Selly has fallen out of favour with everyone ... he could not even get into the Tonmawr side last season and was released from there, where he is now ... I'm not quite sure. He was amazing at 7s but apparently his attitude was sometimes questioned. To be honest I think thats a fairly strong squad id like to see Alex Walker from the Dragons and Lloyd Williams in the Blues involved. But to be fair that squad is good enough to compete with some of the other sides in the Commonwealth Games.

Wales pool also includes South Africa, Tonga and India. Whoever gets second in the pool will likely face New Zealand in the quarter finals,while second place will face either Scotland or Canada - clearly you want to win the pool! At the moment I would rate South Africa as favourites to win the pool, however I wouldn't be surprised if Wales upset South Africa, as they look like they have a pretty handy team.

Wales pool also includes South Africa, Tonga and India. Whoever gets second in the pool will likely face New Zealand in the quarter finals,while second place will face either Scotland or Canada - clearly you want to win the pool! At the moment I would rate South Africa as favourites to win the pool, however I wouldn't be surprised if Wales upset South Africa, as they look like they have a pretty handy team.

It all depends what Wales side turns up!

Looking forward to watching him play some 7s.
I think this is what he needs.

Latest posts