• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Summer Tour 2012

Slightly surprised that Beck doesn't get the start as (a) he's probably been the form British centre this season & (b) Scott & JD2 have been struggling with ****les.

Australia are gonna be up for this considering Tuesday and I think it'll come down to how well Wales can weather the storm for the first 20. If so, its there for the taking and I don't think we'll ever have a better chance.

WALES: Liam Williams; Harry Robinson, Andrew Bishop, Ashley Beck, Aled Brew; James Hook, Rhys Webb; Paul James, Richard Hibbard, Rhodri Jones, Alun Wyn Jones (Captain), Luke Charteris, Josh Turnbull, Justin Tipuric, Aaron Shingler
REPLACEMENTS: Ken Owens, Rhys Gill, Ian Evans, Gareth Delve, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, Alex Cuthbert

Faletau is out of the tour with a broken hand. Delve has replaced him.

Medical Update: Toby Faletau â€" see above. George North has a haematoma to his thigh (dead leg), he will have intense treatment over the next couple of days to get him ready for this Saturday’s match. Scott Williams sustained a facial laceration which it is hoped will not prevent him from being available for selection next week.

Disappointed for Toby but great to see Delve in over, say, Andy Powell.
Shingler at 8? Interesting call. If it works out, then the Turks will be rather pleased.

Shingler at 8? Interesting call. If it works out, then the Turks will be rather pleased.

I'm not convinced of Shingler's international credentials. I guess this'll be about as good a test as he'll get.

Oh, new siggy I see. Niché.

Shingler has been in great form for the Turks this year.
Great ball carrier and bags of pace. The problem is he has been shifted between second row and back row.

He should stay at 6, he isn't physical enough for 8 and lacks weight for the second row. If the Scarlets would sign some bloody locks it might help things next season.

Agree with that. Delve has been playing consistently good rugby for the Rebels, so it will be great if he got another shot at International rugby. He is probably unlikely to make the test team though I suppose: do you expect we will see Ryan Jones at number 8 and Tipuric on the bench?

I'm relishing seeing Delve back in a Wales shirt. Great call up.

Brumbies team for Wales confirmed:
1. Ruaidhri Murphy,2. Anthony Hegarty,3. Scott Sio,4. Leon Power,5. Ben Hand (c),6. Peter Kimlin,7. Colby Faingaa,8. Ita Vaea,9. Ian Prior,10. Zack Holmes,11. Kimami Sitauti,12. Andrew Smith,13. Tevita Kuridrani,14. Cam Crawford,15. Robbie Coleman
Replacements: 16. Siliva Siliva,17. Jean-Philippe (JP) Pradaud,18. Dylan Sigg,19. Fotu Auelua,20. Beau Mokoputo,21. Tom Cox,22. Jesse Mogg

Not their strongest lineup (with a number away with the Wallabies), but not a bad starting XV. The bench is very weak though (barring Auelua and Mogg), with little experience at all. Good to see Colby Faingaa back after being out injured for most of the season. This lineup probably won't cause Wales too many problems, though Wales will have to watch the powerful centre pairing of Smith and Kuridrani, as well as the likes of Sitauti and Mogg (when he comes on).

Yea looks very much like an experimental team, good management by White to rotate the squad. We should beat this team but we'll probably make it hard for ourselves

Nobody was interested in the package to show the game apparently.

18mins into the game James Hook scores and converts. Brumbies scored earlier from a penalty. Brumbies 3-7 Wales.
Wales having much of the ball and a near constant attack for the last 10mins or so.

Last edited:
Apparently the local ref is not making many friends lol

15-25 to Wales, Hook, Tipuric and AWJ scoring. Sounds like a decent result, all considered.

Not a decent result at all. We should have smashed that particular Brumbies side.

Not a decent result at all. We should have smashed that particular Brumbies side.

It's a good result regardless of the players the Brumbies had. You need reminding of what happened in the 1996 tour of Australia. A wins a win on tour, especially when Wales could have easily lost this game.

I take it wales played a fairly different side to the one expected to play aus?

I take it wales played a fairly different side to the one expected to play aus?

Different yes, although there were about 5 players starting who could also start on saturday (Ashley Beck who deserves a start, Hook who may or may not come in for Priestland, both locks, and then an outside bet of either Turnbull or Tipuric *more likely to the bench though. The bench was pretty much all first choicers except Rhys Gill and Lloyd Williams (he's not is he?)

Latest posts