TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_47796104_iestynharris_get.jpg

Wales will face the Cook Islands, an Atlantic qualifier and a European qualifier in the group stages of the 2013 World Cup.

England host the tournament, but games will be staged in Wales, Cardiff's Millennium Stadium guaranteed to welcome at least one high-profile tie.

"It is a privilege for Wales to be given this opportunity," said First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones.

The Rugby Football League have invited tenders from other potential venues.

Wales were semi-finalists at the 1995 and 2000 World Cups, but failed to qualify for the 10-team 2008 event.

The 2013 tournament has been expanded to 14 sides with Wales - now a full member of the Rugby League International Federation - one of 12 automatic qualifiers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/9244875.stm

Exellent news - let's hope they can get the crowds in.

I will without a doubt be there :D :D :D so thats 1 welsh fan in the crowd :D lol

Depends when it is, ill be dam keen to go!

Cracking.

With the MM weekend back, it'll hopefully get more people in the vicinity of the Millenium stadium interested, so should pull in a big crowd come World Cup time (if the price/teams are right)

There will need to be some fantastic marketing for any size of crowd at the Millennium.

And they'll have to deal with my highly sophisticated smear campaign.

Cyril will change his mind once he sits next to me at Millennium Magic.

Oh God yes. I'm all talk, but as soon as I've got a giant northerner in my ear, and after several pints I'll be all over Rugby League!
I met Bristol-Iain on Saturday, and blummin eck I wouldn't mess with him either!!!

I can't trust a man who doesn't drink! I bet you don't take sugar in your tea either, do you?!

Latest posts