• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales to lose their World Cup slot to Lebanon.

Dear me.

Losing 50 - f***ing - 26 to whom?!

Sorry, that's such a bad defeat that they don't deserve to feel sorry for themselves.
The coach said, "They were looking forward to a summer down under." Well that's where your problem lies - assuming you're going to beat this team and qualify.

Idiots.
I hope you freeze in the f***ing valleys next summer.

Erm...i thought Australians spoke English.
Evidently i was wrong...
[/b]
Nah, we speak our own mutilated version of English which we deem correct. Kind of like how the U.S does as well, however ours is much better.

<div class='quotemain'> okay ftlulz [/b]

Erm...i thought Australians spoke English.
Evidently i was wrong...
[/b][/quote]

My father's Irish and my mother is Welsh (born in PNG to boot).

I think it's a bloody miracle I can string a sentence together :D

Don't be fooled Matt. Lebanon have some half decent players, a lot of them play in Australia. Which, by default, makes them better than any English players.............

Don't be fooled Matt. Lebanon have some half decent players, a lot of them play in Australia. Which, by default, makes them better than any English players............. [/b]
You've finally learnt :p

Nah seriously though, Lebanon do have some decent players, the only problem is that the overwhelming majority of them (often all of the squad) play in Australia...some in recreational clubs, some in lower grade NRL teams and a few that play in the NRL. Unfortunately I can't see the day coming when the players come from their own country or atleast live there, not just qualify because of their parents birthplace or grandparents. Rugby League isn't enough of a world game and it won't be for decades.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uLxAOVsr8jw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uLxAOVsr8jw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I have heard the bulldogs banned el masri from playing for lebanon and that is why he didn't play for them in the recent qualifers etc. I am not sure of other clubs stances but it could possibly be the case for some of the other lesser teams which will further weaken them for the world cup.

Unfortunately Robbie Farah has been told he can't play for Lebanon in the qualifiers (or is it greece...?) if he wants to entertain ideas of playing for NSW and Australia next year. I suppose a player must choose his allegiance but at the stage of infancy in international rugby league, the lesser countries need all the help they can possibly get!

I have heard the bulldogs banned el masri from playing for lebanon and that is why he didn't play for them in the recent qualifers etc. I am not sure of other clubs stances but it could possibly be the case for some of the other lesser teams which will further weaken them for the world cup. [/b]

That is a load of crap. :angry: You should *never* be banned by your club to play for your country that is wrong.

Unfortunately Robbie Farah has been told he can't play for Lebanon in the qualifiers (or is it greece...?) if he wants to entertain ideas of playing for NSW and Australia next year. I suppose a player must choose his allegiance but at the stage of infancy in international rugby league, the lesser countries need all the help they can possibly get! [/b]

Its lebanon and i can understand that you have to make your choice now, but i do agree with the sentiment that developing nations need all the help they can get.

Latest posts