• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Argentina

Even though I think Argentina are a very good side and slight favourites and we're a load of **** I actually think we'll sneak a win. Obviously won't be in the least bit surprised if we lose.

Wales: Louis Rees-Zammit; Alex Cuthbert, George North, Nick Tompkins, Rio Dyer; Gareth Anscombe, Tomos Williams; Gareth Thomas, Ken Owens, Dillon Lewis, Will Rowlands, Adam Beard, Dan Lydiate, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Rhodri Jones, Sam Wainwright, Ben Carter, Jac Morgan, Kieran Hardy, Rhys Priestland, Owen Watkin.

AWJ and Tshiunza out with minor injuries I think.

I am surprised that they are the same Pumas starting XV. I thought there would be rotation.

Shame about Tshiunza, was hoping he'd replace Beard at lock + get some much needed gametime.

Not sure why Gareth Thomas keeps his place and Smith (the form prop this season, and last possibly) is relegated from the matchday squad. Still no Bradley Roberts in the 23 annoys me as well!

Great to see LRZ in at 15 though, let's hope he has a blinder and we can finally move on from Halfpenny, Sanjay and an out of position Anscombe. I'm sure the Pumas will be weary of kicking to him!

Would have preferred to see Costellow on the bench over Priestland becaue I don't see what impact he will offer. If you want a 10 with good place kicking stats, decent range of passing and lacking in pace, there's already one starting. Costellow would at least offer a running threat + an opporyunity to develop the next generation in time for the WC.

Cuthbert is another risk having not played a minute of rugby since the summer tour. He offers a point of difference from LRZ + Dyer I suppose with his ability to carry hard and breat tackles. But I worry he'll be far from match fit, like Thomas, Anscombe, Tipuric, Faletau and North all appeared (to varying degrees) last week.

I think this will be a tight game, only a few points in it. Many of those players I named above should be better for the gametime they got v NZ. Might come down to who makes the better start.

Wales: Louis Rees-Zammit; Alex Cuthbert, George North, Nick Tompkins, Rio Dyer; Gareth Anscombe, Tomos Williams; Gareth Thomas, Ken Owens, Dillon Lewis, Will Rowlands, Adam Beard, Dan Lydiate, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Rhodri Jones, Sam Wainwright, Ben Carter, Jac Morgan, Kieran Hardy, Rhys Priestland, Owen Watkin.

What happened to Reffell?

Isn't that called age?

Has LRZ played much FB? I dont remember seeing him there, but how is he at the basics? Be good on the counter attack though.

Has LRZ played much FB? I dont remember seeing him there, but how is he at the basics? Be good on the counter attack though.
He's started there 3 times for Gloucester so… not much. I see Adams as being a superior fullback option to Zammit. Just seems a more intelligent and more rounded player. Plus pace like Zammit's is always going to be best suited to the wing.
For mere mortals yes.

According to Pivac it would seem to be more of a rotation thing and wanting to have a look at Carter. Tshiunza is injured though.
It does unfortunately seem like Tshiunza's always picking up some kind of ****le. Something pops up ever international window. Maybe his body just isn't suited to the strains of international rugby yet, understandably. I do hope that it's that and not just that he's just a cannon.

He's started there 3 times for Gloucester so… not much. I see Adams as being a superior fullback option to Zammit. Just seems a more intelligent and more rounded player. Plus pace like Zammit's is always going to be best suited to the wing.

It does unfortunately seem like Tshiunza's always picking up some kind of ****le. Something pops up ever international window. Maybe his body just isn't suited to the strains of international rugby yet, understandably. I do hope that it's that and not just that he's just a cannon.
I got the impression it was, as you say, just a ****le. Whether this is going to be an thing with him moving forward I don't know but hope that again, as you say, it's just his body adapting, at least he's not been ruled out of the series. It is a concern though as missing out of the SA tour was a big loss in terms of his development and I'll be gutted if he misses the Australia match in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed

When we get drink fuelled fighting in the stands, the maybe.

Otherwise - just like the suggestion to segregate fans - rugby =/= football. It doesn't have the same problems, and doesn;t need the same solutions
Screenshot_20221111-163233_Samsung Internet.jpg
Drunk fighting might have something to do with it last weekend.

Montoya out for Argentina vs Wales, huge loss for them.

Yes, Creevy is in the starting lineup to replace him.

This will be the most boring game of the weekend guaranteed. We'll sneak a 3 point win and Pivac will pat himself on the back reminding us that Argentina beat the ABs recently ignoring the fact Lavanini and 3 other Argentinians got get red cards in the first 10 mins

Latest posts