• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Australia

Really not sure who'll win this,
I think Australia will go 110% as they no doubt got a bollocking after losing to Scotland, so will have something to prove,
But then Wales are going to want to win as well,
Should be a good match though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 23 2009, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Really not sure who'll win this,
I think Australia will go 110% as they no doubt got a bollocking after losing to Scotland, so will have something to prove,
But then Wales are going to want to win as well,
Should be a good match though[/b]

Well I agree about Australia's psychological problems

I hope match will be interesting

Australia XV

1. Sekope Kepu (if Robinson is out.)
2. Polota-nau
3. Ben Alexander
4. James Horwill
5. Dean Mumm
6. Rocky Elsom
7. David Pocock
8. George Smith

9. Will Genia
10. Matt Giteau
11. Peter Hynes
12. Quade Cooper
13. Digby Ioane
14. Drew Mitchell
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

16. Stephen Moore
17. Matt Dunning
18. Mark Chisholm
19. Richard Brown
20. Luke Burgess
21. Ryan Cross
22. James O'Connoob

That's going going on Palu being out and Ioane being fit to play.

Wales IV to be close to this.

01 Gethin Jenkins
02 Mathew Rees
03 Paul James
04 Luke Cherteris
05 Alun-Wyn Jones
06 Jonathan Thomas / Dan Lydiate
07 Martyn Williams
08 Ryan Jones

09 Dwayne Peel
10 Stephen Jones
11 Shane Williams
12 Jonathan Davies / Jamie Roberts
13 Jamie Roberts / Tom Shanklin
14 Leigh Halfpenny
15 James Hook

16 Duncan Jones
17 Huw Bennett
18 Sam Warberton / Jonathan Thomas
19 Andy Powell
20 Gareth Coopr / Martin Roberts
21 Tom Shanklin / Jonathan Davies / Andrew Bishop
22 Tom James

A couple of positions are what I'd like to see. However I think Gatland may stick with Powell again (although his performance v Argentina was better). Not sure if Shanklin will be fit, if he is he may be preferred to Jonathan Davies (pitty). If he doesn't recover, Jon Davies will get another opportunity and Bishop will cover on the bench. We may well see Warberton on the bench this week, because we need a fetcher on the bench incase Martyn Williams get's injured. That may not leave room for Dan Lydiate unfortunately.

9. Peel
10. Jones
11. Williams
12. Hook
13. Roberts
14. James
15. Halfpenny

Is what I'd pick if I was Wales coach IMO, your centres have plenty of bulk, but need some creativity with Henson out.

Ausralia could be screwed without Robinson!

That's certainly an option MunsterMan. Although I think if Gatland was considering that he would have tried it for 20-30min yesterday instead of bringing Andrew Bishop onto the field. It's probably the best option, as I think centre is where Hook's future lies. It also enables us to field Shane, Halfpenny and Tom James = epic counter attacking back 3. Still not convinced with Halfpenny at fullback though.

Disagree with you about Aus being screwed if Robinson doesn't make it. I thought Kepu looked good when he came on v Scotland. He dropped a couple of balls, but there won't be any rain in the Millenium Stadium. He looked stronger than Robinson at scrum time and looked good on the charge when he kept hold of the ball.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 22 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
9. Peel
10. Jones
11. Williams
12. Hook
13. Roberts
14. James
15. Halfpenny

Is what I'd pick if I was Wales coach IMO, your centres have plenty of bulk, but need some creativity with Henson out.

Ausralia could be screwed without Robinson![/b]

I'd keep Hook at 15. In 3 games he hasn't really put a foot wrong. Peel should start but apart from that I wouldnt tinker.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 22 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 22 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9. Peel
10. Jones
11. Williams
12. Hook
13. Roberts
14. James
15. Halfpenny

Ausralia could be screwed without Robinson![/b]

I'd keep Hook at 15. In 3 games he hasn't really put a foot wrong. Peel should start but apart from that I wouldnt tinker.
[/b][/quote]

What you talkin' bout Jo? He's put many a foot wrong. Not obvious ones or particularly costly ones. Just he can be seen out of position now and then.

If Byrne was there he would have been perfectly positioned for a counter attack or to cut off a kick to the corner where has hook gives a little more space.

Not great under the high ball either. Remember a few times against New Zealand when he was found wanting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 23 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not great under the high ball either. Remember a few times against New Zealand when he was found wanting.[/b]

That's certainly his main weakness at fullback. To be honest I'm not sure if he's fielded one high kick where he's been put under pressure. Halfpenny's been no better in that regard either.

He also doesn't offer a huge amount of threat from fullback. Lee Burne really hits the line from depth at speed, on a good angle. He was the difference against Austrailia last year when he sliced through in front of the posts. It's something were really missing as Hook and Halfpenny tend to go across the field somewhat. They're certainly not as direct.

I know some people think Roberts should be the one to move back, bringing Hook and Shanklin into the centre together. Roberts hasn't been shining at centre this Autumn. He also showed against Argentina that he's good under the high ball, fielding most of the restarts. Not sure if I like the idea of shifting him about again. He's not exactly had long in the centre yet (year and a half).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Nov 23 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Australia XV

1. Sekope Kepu (if Robinson is out.)
2. Polota-nau
3. Ben Alexander
4. James Horwill
5. Dean Mumm
6. Rocky Elsom
7. David Pocock
8. George Smith

9. Will Genia
10. Matt Giteau
11. Peter Hynes
12. Quade Cooper
13. Digby Ioane
14. Drew Mitchell
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

16. Stephen Moore
17. Matt Dunning
18. Mark Chisholm
19. Richard Brown
20. Luke Burgess
21. Ryan Cross
22. James O'Connoob

That's going going on Palu being out and Ioane being fit to play.[/b]

id start dunning ahead of kepu and move alaxander to his favoured loosehead position.
Both chisolm and horwill have been no shows. They both deserve to be on the bench or out of the 22.
Dunno of Valentine is on the tour but if he is id swap him for burgess who was horrendous when he came on for genia. Even Kingi over burgess i reckon.
I dont think Ioane will be fit for this game. Id move AAC to outside centre and move Mitchell(much to my displeasure) to fullback and bring lachie turner to start on the wing.
Time to mebbe try James oconnor at inside centre in coopers place?

As for the game against wales.......who knows wholl front up for the wallabies......will it be jeckyll or hyde?

Have I got my it wrong? - I heard Genia, Elsom and Iaone are all out injured. Along with Mortlock and Barnes that really is a hard hit in the mid field and Genia and Elsom are so instrumental for this team as is the case with the confirmed injury casualty of Robinson.

If I don't have the cat by its tail, I'm predicting more heart ache for our Aussie friends. Not that Wales has really impressed me as much as in 2008.

well Warburton's out as he's been released along with Cooper for Blues' game v Australia tomorrow

i hope Lydiate plays

One change, Peel for Cooper

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Matthew Rees
3. Paul James

4. AWJ
5. Charteris

6. Andy Powell <_<
7. Martyn Williams
8. Ryan Jones

9. Dwayne Peel
10. Stephen Jones

12. Jonathon Davies
13. Jamie Roberts

11. Shane Williams
14. Leigh Halfpenny
15. James Hook

Replacements: Huw Bennett, Duncan Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Dan Lydiate, Martin Roberts, Andrew Bishop, Tom James

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Powell? WHY?!?

Anyway, i got a ticket for this :D, should be a good game because Aussies are gonna be fired up, didn't they win ball 59 times in the Scots 22?

Glad that Jonathan Davies has been given another chance. Should see a much better performance this time round. Still not sure about Powell, although he had a much better all round game against the Argies, however I thought Lydiate had a big impact when he came on. Hope to see Lydiate having another 20-30mins to impress in this match.

Overall, probably the right calls by Gatland. Starting against Austrailia would be a big ask for Lydiate, but being involved in the 22 will probably mean a huge amount to the youngster. No Shanklin on the bench is a slightly odd decision. Wonder why Andrew Bishop has been given the nod instead?

it does mean a huge amount to him
he hasnt stopped smiling since saturday
everyones soo proud of him

not sure about Andy playing :S

Latest posts