Wales v France

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Wales.gif
Wales v France
France.gif
</div>

So Wales are going for their second grand slam in 3 years while France are looking for a hat trick of championships. The task is simple for Wales, a win and the job is done, for the French it's not so easy, they need to win by 20 points to deny Wales the championship.

It has the makings of a classic though, the thinking is that France will wheel out the big guns, they'll certainly need to as playing against a confident Wales team is never an easy task and certainly won't be on Saturday.

So Wales for the grand slam or France to make it a hat trick of championships???

It should be party time in Cardiff come Saturday evening but will the French be the party poopers???

At the moment, I can't see the French beating us. But, knowing them, they'll pull off another miracle by putting thirty points on us. Or, they'll be abysmal and lose by fifty. You just never know with France. :unsure:

Wales should win this one. The fact that Leivermont has been so inconsistent (read crazy) with his selections so far, means that France will find it difficult to play as a team, especially against the best deffensive outfit in this years 6 nations..... Wales.

For the first time in a number of years, Wales' forewards have coped very well in all their games (bar the first half v England), even dominated in periods (2nd half v England and most the Ireland match). We now have the ability to dominate and bully some teams up front, and considering the way France have crumbled in that aspect, I see that as the area where Wales will win this game.

I'm hoping Wales will step it up another notch or two against France, cut out the errors and ill discipline and finish off the chances they create. These two things cost Wales a much greater margin of victory v Ireand, and I fear France may prove too much if we do the same against them.

I'd expect Wales to win the championship even if we loose against France as I can't see them winning by the 20 points margin needed.

It all depends on the team the French put out. Does he stop experimenting now and play what he believes is his best 15, or does he simply not have a clue what his best 15 is and keep picking random players :).

Cant see anything but a Welsh win unless Lievrement (could be arsed checking the correct spelling) picks a team to win.

Wales to edge a snore feist 6-3 :)

France seemed impressive in attack against Italy today but the Welsh defence aren't going to cut up so easy and give them that oppertunity. France's defence meanwhile was like a sieve and if Italy didn't pass the ball as if through treacle and managed to catch it once in a while they'd have had three tries. Shane will wriggle through those gaps. Plus with a Grand Slam on the table Wales are going to be motivated to a degree France, who told us today that they aren't very confident, just won't be able to match. Plus the Millenium Stadium is going to be a bear pit of baying welsh fans which could throw some of these young kids off their stride. If France name a similar team to today I can see Wales winning by about 13 points. But who knows what they'll do? Maybe they'll name 22 uncapped players and **** over the entire occasion.

Well I think Lièvremont is going to keep on building and testing.
he has already faced the choice for the match versus England, and despite there were less temptation to call back old gold values because a lot of medical unavaibility, I don't think he will turn to a new heading next week

On the other hand, I'd like him to call back people like Marconnet who played yesterday with Paris. Not yet at his top form , but the occasion could be interesting to test him back at international level.

I also approve that 90% of the result will be done by mental condition of each team. It's precisely what happened with Paris/Perpignan yesterday in TOP 14 yesterday, when Perpignan, who were in 10th position, and not in a nice dynamic for weeks, won and broke the nearly record for home victories Paris were on to brake (Record hold by Bourgoin with more than 3 years 1/2 without defeat at home)

For the rest of the team, I don't have been deceived by the new generation in global.
David should keep his place nearby Jauzion

Maybe could we see Ellissalde back with Parra (Yachvili good kicker but still lack of velocity), and Skrela on the bench sparing a good Trinh duq who quickly takes his marks, and find a special hunter for Speedy Gonzales Shane Horgan (who reminds me Jimmy Marlu, this former player of Clermont nicknamed "Rain Man" by his partners because even them never know what his plans were).

Agree with the Wales guys on this one - advantage to home team in scrum, lineout, and fringe and midfield defence. Plus the blood will be up from the fans.

France to field their "Best in Show" and give it a lash. Mind you, if Marconnet is back I expect Wales to get a shock in the scrum. And if France sort out their lineout - can't have Swarskdkdwi starting - there could be some fun with David/Jauzion/Traille running on to quick ball off the top. If the back three latch on to those breaks, then Wales will be slaughtered by half time.

And then they'll come back.

Funny old game. Here's to the classic we still haven't had.

agreed Mr.cyclopede the French team will be built and tested once again. Lievremont knows that this is a "experimental" year and will probably wait for next year.

However I think Parra should return to the XIV with Yachvili on bench. I thought it was harsh demoting Parra to France U20's. I think Traille, Jauzion, Clerc and co. should all play the final game as they have the experience.

Bring back Cédric Heymans at fullback and maybe Skrela for experience. I wouldn't even mind seeing Traille at 10 with Jauzion and David at Centre, he can play there so why not try.

But I want to see the Clerc/Heymans/Rougerie back 3 pair as they are formidable and in 2009 I want to see the return of Clerc/Poitrenaud/Heymans, the all Toulouse back 3 :)

Lievremont said that there will be no new players (understand it by players with 0 caps) against Wales. I think this will be a mix of what we saw in the 4 games... Heymans, Dussautoir, Vermeulen, Elissalde and maybe Skrela (heard that the staff doesn't like him, because he kicks too much...) will be back, and some guys like Clerc and Bonnaire will be on the field this time. But I expect some surprise: I bet on Tomas at scrum-half and Guirado at hooker.

I'd certainly like to see Parra given another go at scrum-half, any word on how he did in the under-20 game?

are we excited or are we excited :)

the whole country is pretty much buzzing atm... cant wait for saturday now... managed to get my hands on some tickets :)

Forwards:
Barcella, Mas, Poux, Servat, Szarzewski, Méla, Nallet, Thion, Bonnaire, Dusautoir, Ouedraogo, Vermeulen

Backs:
Elissalde, Yachvili, Trinh-Duc, Skrela, Jauzion, Traille, Clerc, Malzieu, Floch, Heymans

Well this is lot more experienced squad, this time I think they clearly want a victory... Rougerie is out, so apparently Heymans will be back at wing, and Floch still at fullback after his good game. Skrela who can cover 10 and 12 on the bench... and two 'old' scrum half & goalkicker with Elissalde and Yachvili. Note that Servat is back too, certainly because is a better thrower than Zarz, but he seems a little weak in scrum...

This is gonna be the most exciting game of the tournament !

I'd certainly like to see Parra given another go at scrum-half, any word on how he did in the under-20 game? [/b]

Don't know but he was once again excellent for Bourgoin's win against Toulouse last week, he even scored a try. Lievremont wants a more experienced side for Wales but I don't think that Parra will be forgotten... I don't think too that Bourgoin will make the Top 14 semi-final so he surely will be there against Australia on June. But Lievremont said that he will pick Michalak for this tour... and he wants him to play at scrum half :mellow:

Wales look strong in all phases at the moment. I cant see France spoiling the party and I pick Wales to win by 20 points. I have chance of some tickets with hospitality through my business but dont know if I could handle the big welsh love in. Anyway hope Wales do it as we need some quality for the next Lions tour and no other British team is supplying it at the moment.

you shoul go mate... nothing better than a grand slam party in the HOME of rugby :)

you shoul go mate... nothing better than a grand slam party in the HOME of rugby :)
[/b]
Why are they playing at Twickers??
Actually Ill shut the f*** up as im in no position to have a go at Wales at the moment.

haha :)

awwww who's goind down on saturday then to cdiff??

should be amazing, i remember in 2005 how crazy it was, couldnt move anywhere in cardiff

gunna get there early doors i think soak up the atmosphere nd have a few cheeky drinks.... wkds's and baccardi breezers :p

Alcho pops more like :)

France could win if they turn up and actually play......... and can tune out the Welsh crowd, which should be deafening.

A poor six nations. All teams have been poor at one stage or another. Hoping this match will be a belter, but i can't see anything but a Welsh victory.

So he's gone for 6 changes, to be honest I don't think anything is going to stop Wales this weekend but there you go.

Backs: Cedric Heymans, Anthony Floch, Julien Malzieu, Vincent Clerc, Damien Traille, Yannick Jauzion, David Skrela, Francois Trinh-Duc, Jean-Baptiste Elissalde, Dimitri Yachvili.
Forwards: Fabien Barcella, Jean-Baptiste Poux, Nicolas Mas, William Servat, Dimitri Szarzewski, Jerome Thion, Lionel Nallet, Arnaud Mela, Julien Bonnaire, Thierry Dusautoir, Fulgence Ouedraogo, Elvis Vermeulen

Latest posts