• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Georgia

Welsh Exile

First XV
TRF Legend
Rowlands and Lydiate ruled out but good news is there's 2 good call ups. Rhys Davies and Dafydd Jenkins. Jenkins will only get minutes against Georgia as Australia the following week is outside the international window so he'll have to go back to Exeter sadly. Will been great to see him and Tshiunza playing together against Georgia if selected, though. Same for Rhys Davies, I like him a lot as he's got a lot of dog in him as is a big boy who is pretty dynamic which is what we need. I'd start him over Beard at the moment.

Pivac says he wants to have some continuity with the teams for this game and Australia so we'll probably see majority first team but with a few youngsters thrown in. I would go for

Smith
Roberts
Lewis
AWJ
Jenkins
Tshiunza
Tipuric
Faletau
Williams
Costelow
Adams
Tompkins
North
Dyer
LRZ

Elias, Jones, Wainwright, Davies, Morgan, Hardy, Anscombe, Hawkins

Last edited:
Forgot about Carter. He needs games so would start him instead of Jenkins. Move Jenkins to the bench and look to get Rhys Davies some minutes against Australia perhaps.

Georgia vs Wales and Italy vs World Champs with the same kickoff time. My sympathies will be tested.

Team announced early. I don't get why Owens is starting. We know what he can do. Surely have him on the bench with Roberts starting. Good to see Carter starting and Jenkins on the bench but I assume Tshiunza didn't recover from his injury in time which is a shame. Again with Cuthbert when Dyer is playing well and could do with a run of games and the less said about Priestland the better. Not to bad though.

Wales: Louis Rees-Zammit; Alex Cuthbert, George North, Owen Watkin, Josh Adams; Rhys Priestland, Tomos Williams; Gareth Thomas, Ken Owens, Dillon Lewis, Ben Carter, Adam Beard, Jac Morgan, Justin Tipuric, Josh Macleod.

Replacements: Bradley Roberts, Rhodri Jones, Sam Wainwright, Dafydd Jenkins, Taulupe Faletau, Dane Blacker, Sam Costelow, Leigh Halfpenny.

Georgia: 15 Davit Niniashvili, 14 Mirian Modebadze, 13 Demur Tapladze, 12 Merab Sharikadze (c), 11 Alexander Todua, 10 Tedo Abzhandadze, 9 Vasil Lobzhanidze, 8 Tornike Jalaghonia, 7 Beka Gorgadze, 6 Beka Saghinadze, 5 Konstantin Mikautadze, 4 Nodar Cheishvili, 3 Guram Papidze, 2 Giorgi Chkoidze, 1 Guram Gogichashvili

Replacements: 16 Shalva Mamukashvili, 17 Nika Abuladze, 18 Alexander Kuntelia, 19 Lado Chachanidze, 20 Sandro Mamamtavrishvili, 21 Luka Matkava, 22 Lasha Khmaladze, 23 Lasha Lomidze

Nice halfbacks, awesome fullback but missing Tabusadze (the winger who cannot stop scoring). Play like they did to beat Italy and this could be interesting, otherwise no. Priestland will be fine at this level and I like the Welsh backs a lot (although jury completely out on LRZ at fullback?).

Wales by 17

Georgia: 15 Davit Niniashvili, 14 Mirian Modebadze, 13 Demur Tapladze, 12 Merab Sharikadze (c), 11 Alexander Todua, 10 Tedo Abzhandadze, 9 Vasil Lobzhanidze, 8 Tornike Jalaghonia, 7 Beka Gorgadze, 6 Beka Saghinadze, 5 Konstantin Mikautadze, 4 Nodar Cheishvili, 3 Guram Papidze, 2 Giorgi Chkoidze, 1 Guram Gogichashvili

Replacements: 16 Shalva Mamukashvili, 17 Nika Abuladze, 18 Alexander Kuntelia, 19 Lado Chachanidze, 20 Sandro Mamamtavrishvili, 21 Luka Matkava, 22 Lasha Khmaladze, 23 Lasha Lomidze

Nice halfbacks, awesome fullback but missing Tabusadze (the winger who cannot stop scoring). Play like they did to beat Italy and this could be interesting, otherwise no. Priestland will be fine at this level and I like the Welsh backs a lot (although jury completely out on LRZ at fullback?).

Wales by 17
I think LRZ best position will always be wing but think his best position for Wales will be 15, even if Liam Williams is fully fit. We've got decent wingers and it's not like we secure quick ball and play a game that gets the ball out wide so for us I think LRZ at 15 could be the best thing for us. You're right though obviously, jury is still out.

We should win, but if it's only a 7-13 point win you've got to think pressure will be on.

Feels like an old school Friday night tier 2 game for Wales, very error strewn so far

Georgian backs look better than I expected so far

Cuthbert really should've finished that, got taken into touch far too easily

I hate how inconsistent the rolling on the floor is, a season or so ago it was the refs favourite topic anything more than a slight placement was pinged, now it seems to be ignored again, Wales clearly taking extra rolls to prevent the jackal, the replay even shows it.

Latest posts