• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v New Zealand Videos

The date said November last year I think.

EDIT: You deleted your post so I would have three in a row didn't you.

Thank you
<

Also, I get the feeling we're (royal we) are off topic here.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 6 2005, 03:30 PM
Haha, no, I'm not that cool. I deleted it because I thought my post was kinda stupid and didn't want to look like a dick.

Anyway, yeah we're off topic, but nobody else is talking about the videos
<

Originally posted by JJ-+Feb 6 2005, 03:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Feb 6 2005, 03:51 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 6 2005, 03:30 PM
Haha, no, I'm not that cool. I deleted it because I thought my post was kinda stupid and didn't want to look like a dick.

Anyway, yeah we're off topic, but nobody else is talking about the videos
<
. [/b]
So, you deleted them so you wouldn't look like a dick, and I ended up looking like a dick myself.

Anyway, your videos worked for me now, and I just found out how much HB flucked up on Ian Whosisface's commentary. Mexted sounds alright but a little too scripted.

"He could have been a footy great, oh yeah
But he left his run to late, oh yeah"

Lol
<

good work guys nice videos. game is looking better than i execpted and I might actually get it now. Heres hoping a demo comes out soon so that we can all get at taste of the game

What camera angle was use in that footage man? Is that as close as it gets to the action? I thought the Rugby 2004 eqivelant was a bit closer in.

from what i have seen, the footage in the demo from locksley seems to tickle my fancy as it has a kind of lomu feel about it. and it looks most playable compared to the on that changes behind the attacking team confuses me.

watching the haka actually does fire me up a bit. i can kinda feel the passion.

who has actually played the game because it seems no one is shedding any light on what teams are included, and what season are the teams taken from?

yeah, think we'd all really like to know what teams/comps are in.

commentary seems ok, probably not as good as wcr. the team or player names seem tacked onto the starts ansd ends of sentences.

The huge dump tackle of the NZer is pretty good, so it seems even without the hit stick you can still pull of the odd smasher.

Liked the way the option buttons (X, O, etc) came up over the players heads when NZ were in possession, didn't know you'd get that as an option.

I think it's going to be a good game, but perhaps not the awesome game we'd hoped for after first seeing the demo footage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
who has actually played the game because it seems no one is shedding any light on what teams are included, and what season are the teams taken from?[/b]
thats what is playing on my mind? what the teams and squads are?? are they this yrs super 12 squads, i am thinking they are because in one screen i noticed that it is the new brumbies jersey.

the main thing i want 2 know about the game is just really if the zurich prem is in it ?

Im still not impressed by anything I see about this game
-jagged movements
-dodgy looking passing/running/kicking animation
-bullet passing - literally
-nz players have chicken legs (haka)
-crap player likenesses
-kicking looks awful

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 7 2005, 08:44 AM
Im still not impressed by anything I see about this game
-jagged movements
-dodgy looking passing/running/kicking animation
-bullet passing - literally
-nz players have chicken legs (haka)
-crap player likenesses
-kicking looks awful
Sounds like we are getting extremely hard to please
<
- this game appears to be LIGHT YEARS ahead of past rugby games........

Jagged movements - Rugby 2004 had a bad case of this. Even Madden, with all its years of fine tuning, could be henpicked for this if you wanted to.

Animations look pretty good. That upending tackle is excellent, moves seem to flow quite well. The only thing that appears a little dodgy is the field kicking, though it could be the player at fault here........Good cut scenes really add to the overall feel of the game (something SJRL should really go to town on in their next version).

Bullet passing - Better fast then loopy, and slow.

Chicken legs - can't say I really noticed - overall effect of the haka was good.

Crap player likenesses - this is one aspect where I thought they were on the money.

In the past I've been one of HB studios biggest slaggers, but I must admit I'm pretty impressed by this latest offering.

yeah, what is wrong with the likenesses woodie? And bullet passing is the best thing - all other games have been slow and loopy as NZL fan said (except WCR). Some passes are fast, some not so. Where do you get the jagged movements/animations from? its never going to be perfect - just think at least they have a good base for future versions now.

Woodie, did you think that this game was goin to be visually better than Madden 2038, I think that the player models and likenesses are superb and right up their with the other EA ***les to date, if not better. I don't see anything dodgy in the passing, running, or kicking animations. Watch the vids again mate.

Latest posts