Club or Nation
South Africa
daFCYgK.png

GP48PUg.png
j7lEIMe.png
bplNNX5.png

Venue: Principality Stadium
Time: 16:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Halaholo is now a doubt for this game which is a shame. I'm going to this and hoping it's going to be running rugby galore, I'm quite excited to see how this Privac Wales plays.

Barbarians

15 Shaun Stevenson, 14 Dillyn Leyds, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Cornal Hendricks, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Bryn Hall, 8 Josh Strauss, 7 Marco van Staden, 6 Pete Samu, 5 Tyler Ardon, 4 Luke Jones, 3 Wiehahn Herbst, 2 Rory Best (captain), 1 Campese Ma'afu

Substitutes: 16 Schalk Brits, 17 Craig Millar, 18 Hencus van Wyk, 19 George Biagi, 20 Angus Cottrell, 21 Jano Vermaak, 22 Billy Meakes, 23 Matt Duffie

Wales

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Johnny McNicholl, 13 Owen Watkin, 12 Hadleigh Parkes, 11 Josh Adams, 10 Jarrod Evans, 9 Tomos Williams, 8 Aaron Wainwright, 7 Justin Tipuric (captain), 6 Aaron Shingler, 5 Adam Beard, 4 Jake Ball, 3 Dillon Lewis, 2 Ken Owens, 1 Wyn Jones

Substitutes: 16 Elliot Dee, 17 Rob Evans, 18 Leon Brown, 19 Seb Davies, 20 Ollie Griffiths, 21 Gareth Davies, 22 Sam Davies, 23 Owen Lane

It's a decent team although I think I would have rested Tirpuic + Owens. I'm glad that Seb Davies, Griffiths and Sam Davies all get another chance to impress.

You would have thought the RWC would've been the final nail in Parkes' coffin. I know there's not a lot of centres around atm but considering this is just an exhibition game stick an u20s lad or 7s guy in if there's no one else, surely?

Or is this to be expected from Pivac? Loyalty to his ex-players? He brought Parkes to Wales didn't he?

The centre cupboard is that bare unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Halaholo would have started before injury but another 29 yo Kiwi isn't a great thing to keep having to turn into. Wales have really struggled to produce centres the past few years. Players like Tyler Morgan who looked to be the next starter last world cup has struggled with injuries and a diabetes diagnosis, Owen Williams looked pretty good then got injured and fell off the face of the earth. Now there is a few talented 19-22 YOs but it's way too early for them and they might not even turn out to be good enough at this level.

The welsh taking players from their club team to play an exhibition match makes no sense.

I'm actually a really big fan of the barbarians, but in the professional area your league has to come before a babas game.

glad to see their is a women's game though.

The welsh taking players from their club team to play an exhibition match makes no sense.

I'm actually a really big fan of the barbarians, but in the professional area your league has to come before a babas game.

glad to see their is a women's game though.
Especially when Scarlets could drop out of the playoff spots with a likely loss in Belfast and the rest are all more than five points off a European playoff spot nevermind actual playoffs.

I understand the WRU needing to maximise revenue in a year without any home AIs but I agree about putting pressure on the regions which are already struggling. They need to aim to have at least 2 teams in the play offs, the zero last year was really poor.

Quite happy with the side Pivac has chosen. I think Parkes and Halfpenny need phasing out, but they add some experience in an otherwise inexperienced backline. Amos unlucky to miss out though, rate him highly for his all court game. Steff Evs as well.

Really excited to see Griffiths on the bench. I could see Pivac using him at 8 later in the game. Potential world class player there if he can stay fit.

Yeah, not sure this match should be happening at all to be honest.

If they were desperate for money, they could have tried it in a 6N rest weekend and given the wider international squad a hit out - which may have been useful to Pivac for looking at alternative options outside his first 15/23.

Quit moaning. LOL

This match is happening. Let's enjoy the last international game of 2019.

Nah, **** the barbarians.
I won't watch, and judging by the crowds at Twickenham (which used to sell out every barbarians game at the drop of a hat), the comments in the match thread on here, and the massive lack of interest on socials, I doubt many others will too.

Shithouse tradition that should be consigned to charity/testimonial type events.

If the WRU wanted to generate more revenue they should have used the Millenium stadium to stage a boxing match between Anthony Joshua and Dan Biggar. I would have bought a ticket for that!

Anthony Joshua and Dan Biggar?

Tyson Fury and Austin Healy would have raked the crowds in I would have thought!

Anthony Joshua and Dan Biggar?

Tyson Fury and Austin Healy would have raked the crowds in I would have thought!

AJ vs Biggar,
Fury vs Healy,
Wilder vs Russell

That's solve the WRU money issues for good

AJ vs Biggar,
Fury vs Healy,
Wilder vs Russell

That's solve the WRU money issues for good

You could probably move the separate rounds for Fury vs. Healy around the various stadia (Millennium, Twickenham, Murrayfield & Aviva) and sell every one of them out!!

Latest posts