• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs South Africa

SA try,
Prydie almost decapitates the guy trying to stop it,

He's having a good game so far though is Prydie

Looks like a try for SA, Wales should have cleared their lines though. Stephen Jones, bad play!

Bloody let them back into this one, damnit!!!!

Matfield starting to get to grips with the Welsh lineout aswell.

Last edited:
Only 2points in it now, Wales need to sharpen up

Poor lineout gives SA a scrum on the Welsh 22,
SA could go into halftime in front (if i was in the boks i'd call for the DG)

Phew, Welsh penalty

Last edited:
Lineout has crippled Wales in the second quarter. It's meant we haven't been able to get out of our 22.

Good first half of rugby though.

Wales seemed to be getting better at the end of the first half, hopefully that can carry over

It's all about how much ball we get. Our defense has been generally excellent, just a bobbling ball unlocking us as it often does for any team. We've gotta sort our our lineout and get field position.

I think we've gotta change our tactics in regard to keeping the ball on the field. Sometimes it's worked, but when we're under pressure, our clearing kicks have gotta reach touch.

It's been a good 1st half to watch, just frustrating that Wales have just dropped off after taking a 16 - 3 lead. Am just hoping that our tendancy to do a lot better in the second half happens in this game too...
I reckon Matfield has figured out the Welsh front ball, and is now causing problems for the line-out. Have been impressed by Prydie so far, his tackling is very solid, and he showed some great pace to beat Pienaar, bnounce was very very unlucky after his kick though.

True Thingimubob. Our first halves throughout the 6 nations were appalling. We tend to improve hugely in the second. if the same happens today, we should win this. But SA certainly improved towards the end of that half.

He called advantage over there! Incorreclt though, but still.

That's a good try. SA take the lead at 16-21. South Africa have racked up 18 unanswered pointed.

Way too easy for SA there, you could see a try was coming as soon as they went on the offense

That had to be yellow, shouldn't it? it was a certain try if the ball got out to Halfpenny!

Too many mistakes, we need to put some phases together.

Last edited:
why isn;t potgeiter not in the bin? stopped a certain try by blatant cheating!
mistakes are everywhere atm for wales

I feel we need a few changes. I'd bring Alun-Wyn on for Deiniol Jones for one.

Edit: Gatland read my mind.

It's all gone f**king wrong! Turnover leads to a SA try.

Edit: Thingimubob, apparently it was spilled by Wales, but I suspect a Boks hand on the ground.

lol yup. Lineout has fallen to pieces, all down to Matfield pressurising our throw.

Latest posts