• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies 28 vs All Blacks 49, July 31st 2010, Fourth Tri Nations Test FT

Against anybody.

Australia by 1.

:D

No no, I don't wanna bring bad luck, so NZ by 6.
IMO this match would be closer than we expected it!

Eh?

My fantasy team will be featuring 3 Boks, and I couple of others that I pre-selected but that I don't think are playing. Too scared to go and look.

Oh, and also just generally can't choose a definite winner. I tend not to go with the majority so I say Aus will win

The smart money would have to be on the ABs, but the balance between momentum and rest could be tested here. The All Blacks played their best test in 5 or so years in the Tri nations opener. But did the week off halt things a bit? You would think there are too many senior guys in there to let that happen, but everytime we write the Aussies off, that is usually when they are at their best.
I think Cowan will have a blinder, he needs to get his kicking game right early, or leave it alone and just concentrate on delivery.
And btw, was anyone thinking Keiren Read was going to be another R.Thorne before 2010?
Should be a quicker game than the Boks too

And btw, was anyone thinking Keiren Read was going to be another R.Thorne before 2010?

obama-hand1.jpg

The reality of the way the game is played at this level now is that a scrum-half can't usually play the full 80. Therefore, both scrum-halves are likely to get playing time.

IMO, Weepu and Cowan are about on a par with each other when on form, but Weepu is a better impact player, so I think it makes more sense for him to come on about 50-60 minutes into the game.

Additionally, Weepu has missed 60% of the training time in Australia so he won't be up to speed on the game plan.

I may be a Crusaders supporter, but even I recognise that he is not up to it at the moment. Alby Mathewson is well ahead of him as the third scrum-half.

I've never rated Ellis at all. He's slow from clearing the ball from the ruck, often delivering a sloppy and desperate pass. He has no running game and I can't understand how he's started for the Crusaders for so long. Agreed that he is well behind Cowan, Weepu and Mathewson. Leonard is useless as an All Black, makes the wrong decision most of the time.

Note the majority view is that the All Blacks will win and happy for the Wallabies to go in as the underdogs. That all makes sense....

What I don't agree with is the assessment that the Wallabies only beat the Boks cause they had already been softened up by the ABs. The Boks were useless in all three games and possibly at the bottom of the trough when they arrived in Auckland..... A decent NH would have beaten them with that line up and form.

This will be a much closer ( and better) game

From stuff.co.nz

QUADE COOPER'S APPEAL DISMISSED

The Wallabies have had their appeal over Quade Cooper's two-match ban for a dangerous tackle thrown out.
The Sanzar appeals committee decided the ban would still apply, confirming the in-form No 10 will miss Saturday night's test against the All Blacks in Melbourne and the rematch in Christchurch next week.
Cooper was banned for a spear tackle during last weekend's win over the Springboks in Brisbane.
The Wallabies appeal was understood to be on the severity of the punishment.
They were hoping for a reduction that would see him available for the Christchurch match.
The appeal process began at 10.30am local time with the decision only delivered at 5pm.
Matt Giteau replaces Cooper at first five with Berrick Barnes coming in at No 12.
The Tri-Nations referees and Sanzar judiciary have taken a tough stance on foul play this year.
Cooper and Springboks Jean de Villiers and Jacque Fourie have all been banned for dangerous tackles.
Notorious Springboks lock Bakkies Botha copped a nine-week suspension for headbutting.

Note the majority view is that the All Blacks will win and happy for the Wallabies to go in as the underdogs. That all makes sense....

What I don't agree with is the assessment that the Wallabies only beat the Boks cause they had already been softened up by the ABs. The Boks were useless in all three games and possibly at the bottom of the trough when they arrived in Auckland..... A decent NH would have beaten them with that line up and form.

like who, france?

Australia to win in the last 5 minutes with a powerful Adam Ashley-Cooper try in the left hand corner.

From stuff.co.nz

QUADE COOPER'S APPEAL DISMISSED

The Wallabies have had their appeal over Quade Cooper's two-match ban for a dangerous tackle thrown out.
The Sanzar appeals committee decided the ban would still apply, confirming the in-form No 10 will miss Saturday night's test against the All Blacks in Melbourne and the rematch in Christchurch next week.
Cooper was banned for a spear tackle during last weekend's win over the Springboks in Brisbane.
The Wallabies appeal was understood to be on the severity of the punishment.
They were hoping for a reduction that would see him available for the Christchurch match.
The appeal process began at 10.30am local time with the decision only delivered at 5pm.
Matt Giteau replaces Cooper at first five with Berrick Barnes coming in at No 12.
The Tri-Nations referees and Sanzar judiciary have taken a tough stance on foul play this year.
Cooper and Springboks Jean de Villiers and Jacque Fourie have all been banned for dangerous tackles.
Notorious Springboks lock Bakkies Botha copped a nine-week suspension for headbutting.

That's a pity, really like watching Cooper when he's playing

If it was being played in Sydney I'd well and truly be backing Australia for the win. However Melbourne isn't really the same kind of fortress. As usual there's a lot of All Black cock sucking going on but I think they are a beatable side with a number of weaknesses. So I'll say Wallabies by 4.

Yeah the 'Boks were terrible, which is a shame because they have been a great team. But does the blame lie with the coach or are their top players on the downhill side of their career?
It is clear to me that the majority of the responsibility lies with de Villiers as their gameplan has not been adapted. He can whinge all he likes, but three tests only scoring two tries, leaking 10, conceeding nearly 100 and three yellow cards?? pretty clear something needs to change

In France - yes...
wow, thats a 26 point plus home advantage.
I think people are forgetting due to a loss of respect last year, how an All Black team can make any opposition look ordinary on their day. You can't compare the Brisbane test to the Auckland one, you can tell from the moments that they were let into the game that SA wasn't playing that badly, for 75 minutes they were just blitzed off the park in every aspect. That didn't happen at Suncorp. They will have to step up again and the AB's to have an off game, neither of which are that unlikely but slightly more so since you've lost your Kiwi star

Come on now guys, enough with the kidding around. Time to get serious. You all know that Australia are going to beat New Zealand come Saturday night.

Come on now guys, enough with the kidding around. Time to get serious. You all know that Australia are going to beat New Zealand come Saturday night.

Very very possible but the All Blacks are good.

Very very possible but the All Blacks are good.

lololololol, I'd hardly rate their chances as likely. It's not like they've had an impressive build up, with an average June series, playing a **** poor South Africa (a game which they hardly looked clinical), and a 7 match losing streak against the AB's. I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm just saying Aus getting their hopes up may be detremental.

Latest posts