Japan vs Wallabies

Kick-off time TBC, Saturday, 4 November at International Stadium, Yokohama

Wales vs Wallabies

4:15am (AEDT), Sunday, 12 November at Principality Stadium, Cardiff

England vs Wallabies

Kick-off time TBC, Sunday, 19 November (AEDT) at Twickenham, London

Scotland vs Wallabies

Kick-off time TBC, Sunday, 26 November (AEDT) at Murrayfield, Edinburgh

Its been a well kept secret - Folau is not going on the EOYT and is not playing any rubgy until next Super Rugby season. He will play in the game against the Baa Baas next weekend.

Makes the task of winning games on this tour considerably harder, been one of our best this year.

Its been a well kept secret - Folau is not going on the EOYT and is not playing any rubgy until next Super Rugby season. He will play in the game against the Baa Baas next weekend.

Makes the task of winning games on this tour considerably harder, been one of our best this year.

Why the cloak and dagger approach?

You guys can do without Golau in my opinion. The real problem is depth at 9 and 10.

Why the cloak and dagger approach?

Not sure!

You guys can do without Golau in my opinion. The real problem is depth at 9 and 10.

Folau is a big loss, the depth at 9 & 10 is not an issue unless something happens to the incumbents. Phipps will be reserve 9 I imagine, there are a few players in the wider squad that can cover.

Who will play at fullback if DHP is also unavailable?

Maybe Hunt?

Cheika doesn't use the actual depth we have and pins Foley and Phipps to the team regardless of form.

Cheika doesn't use the actual depth we have and pins Foley and Phipps to the team regardless of form.
I do think you guys have a few decent 9's potentially coming through. I like the look of Powell, Jake Gordon and Lourens but I'm not a huge fan of Phipps and Stirzaker.
As for 10 I do think it's a little bit of a problem, unless Leliafano can get right back into it now that he's recovered.

Hawera is a Kiwi, the Rebels lads were pretty woeful, Cooper is aging and has lost a lot of his x-factor, Jono Lance is probably your best prospect but I'm not sure if he's world class.
I know Foley didn't have the greatest game but I really rate him highly! I do feel there is a big step down if he gets injured.

As for Folau being missing, its obviously a loss to lose one of the best 15's in the world, but Hunt looked really good in SR and I can't imagine him letting your down, and their is always DHP who is a perfectly acceptable option. Reece Hodge could probably even slot in their as well, he has the basic skill-set of a 15, with perhaps less of the play-making ability.

I do think you guys have a few decent 9's potentially coming through. I like the look of Powell, Jake Gordon and Lourens but I'm not a huge fan of Phipps and Stirzaker.
As for 10 I do think it's a little bit of a problem, unless Leliafano can get right back into it now that he's recovered.

Hawera is a Kiwi, the Rebels lads were pretty woeful, Cooper is aging and has lost a lot of his x-factor, Jono Lance is probably your best prospect but I'm not sure if he's world class.
I know Foley didn't have the greatest game but I really rate him highly! I do feel there is a big step down if he gets injured.

As for Folau being missing, its obviously a loss to lose one of the best 15's in the world, but Hunt looked really good in SR and I can't imagine him letting your down, and their is always DHP who is a perfectly acceptable option. Reece Hodge could probably even slot in their as well, he has the basic skill-set of a 15, with perhaps less of the play-making ability.
Reece Hodge was a 10 at a lower level.

The greater point is Cheika doesn't select options at these positions as they're coming through and actually develop them.

Phipps wasn't even one of the top 5 performers amongst Australian scrum halves this Super Rugby season. Stirzaker probably should have at least been added onto the expanded squad at the previous World Cup as well.

In Cheika's defense Louwrens got himself hurt to knock himself out of selection, but Powell was the form SR 9 and did nothing negative in the mid season matches to negate his selection. Had very little time given to him to do anything at all.

I can't see them moving Beale out of 12. So much of their game plan revolves around him now, I'd have thought moving him around could really be a shock to their system.
Yea fair call, it may not be the smartest idea moving him, but he's probs the next best 15 and Hnt is a class 12 too... before he got injured he was arguably the front-runner for 12.

Yea fair call, it may not be the smartest idea moving him, but he's probs the next best 15 and Hnt is a class 12 too... before he got injured he was arguably the front-runner for 12.
Isn't Hunt primarily a 15? Why not just stick him there? If not, I'd be interested to see Hodge get a go there.

Isn't Hunt primarily a 15? Why not just stick him there? If not, I'd be interested to see Hodge get a go there.
Personally I feel like hunt's better suited at 12 and is not far behind Beale as a 12, whereas Beale is a much better 15.
That's just me though, could be wrong.

Personally I feel like hunt's better suited at 12 and is not far behind Beale as a 12, whereas Beale is a much better 15.
That's just me though, could be wrong.

I sort of feel the same, but I think they will leave Beale at 12 whoever gets 15. Wouldnt be surprised to see swapping of the role of 12/15 within the game regardless - Folau & Beale already do that. I guess we will just have to wait and see what Mr Cheika does!

Was gonna say "they all swap roles regardless"...

Latest posts