Tatafu Polota-Nau (64 Tests)
Tom Robertson (0 Tests)
Rob Simmons (62 Tests)
Scott Sio (18 Tests)
Will Skelton (15 Tests)
James Slipper (77 Tests)
Lopeti Timani* (0 Tests)
Matt Toomua (32 Tests)

I think the Wallabies are NZ's biggest threat. Not just because SA and Argentina look in decline, but with Giteau, and AAC back from France, their backline looks a lot more threatening. I think the series loss to England was a blip, they got selection wrong with Kerevi, and Moore's decision making in the second test cost them, but they're not suddenly a bad side. The scheduling's been pretty tough on them, not sure why they have to play NZ back to back in round 1 and 2, they could easily be 0-2 and out of contention, then motivation becomes more difficult. The opening game in Sydney is huge, if the All Blacks win, I'm pretty sure they'll go 6/6 this year, if the Wallabies win, it throws the championship open. Anyway looking forward to my favourite international rugby competition starting straight after the olympics, and hopefully I still have some money left to get some bets on ;)

I think the Wallabies are NZ's biggest threat. Not just because SA and Argentina look in decline, but with Giteau, and AAC back from France, their backline looks a lot more threatening. I think the series loss to England was a blip, they got selection wrong with Kerevi, and Moore's decision making in the second test cost them, but they're not suddenly a bad side. The scheduling's been pretty tough on them, not sure why they have to play NZ back to back in round 1 and 2, they could easily be 0-2 and out of contention, then motivation becomes more difficult. The opening game in Sydney is huge, if the All Blacks win, I'm pretty sure they'll go 6/6 this year, if the Wallabies win, it throws the championship open. Anyway looking forward to my favourite international rugby competition starting straight after the olympics, and hopefully I still have some money left to get some bets on ;)

Kerevi has only played 2 tests and on one was with a backline composed of 3 centres, for me the sample is rather small to assume that Kerevi's selection was wrong. If anything, i think Kuridrani played really bad test 1 and he has been in poor form this year so far. I also feel that, just like Mapoe, Kerevi wasnt used to his strenghts.

Giteau will come back and start at 12. It's Kerevi vs Kuridrani for the 13 shirt right. Surely Cheika will go for Kuridrani given how well he played in RWC with Giteau. Toomua as the replacement back given how many positions he can play. Has Beale retired from international rugby, he was brilliant in the 2nd half of the RWC. Is Drew Mitchell playing too?

It's a talented backline. But the aussies need to make sure they don't go into decline like they did 4 years ago after the 2011 rwc. The scrum/set piece needs to stay strong. I think Cheika will ensure this

Latest posts