• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallace or Staunton

R

rugger99

Folks,
Anyone want to comment on whether Wallace or Staunton will go as backup to O'Gara?
Rugger99

Staunton.

Haven't really seen either of them, but Staunton is a beast at Fly Half on Rugby 06 so that'll do.

Neither - just clone ROG, and hope the IRB doesn't inspect the the suspicious bundle under Eddie O'Sullivan's arm.

I'd take Ian Humphreys personally.

Staunton's a pile of crap, although he kicks just as erratically as Humphreys. At least Humphreys has something of a running game and a decent punt on him.

I'd take Ian Humphreys personally.

Staunton's a pile of crap, although he kicks just as erratically as Humphreys. At least Humphreys has something of a running game and a decent punt on him.
[/b]

But the highet Humphreys has played at international level was A, so he doesn't have agreat deal of expierence. Staunton for me.

It's like choosing between vomit and crap for dinner. Either way we're screwed if ROG is out. If I was EOS I'd be begging David Humphreys to re-consider retirement.

Staunton is awful although thankfully he's lost any chance he had after his shameful display in Argentina.

Wallace is a much better player but not really an international outhalf.
Bring back The Humph. (the old, good one)

Wallace will go but I think ROG will play all matches. EOS knows the group could come down to points difference.

Wallace definitely, at least he has some sort of kicking game, which is more than can be said for staunton

I wish Shane Geraghty hadn't opted to go with England instead of us. Agreed on bringing back old Humph.

yeah Geraghty would be a good option.

Wallace for me. Staunton was dire. Although maybe we should just go for Gavin Duffy. :p

definitely wallace.

Staunton is poor, wallace could learn a lot from the experience, we need to start looking towards the world post ROG and develop these guys

Has to be Wallace, i think hes goin to be very good in a couple of years, the world cup will be great for him.

It has to be Wallace alright, I wasn't overly impressed with him in the PI test match but he did enough to prove he won't screw up in the Namibia or Georgia games.

ROG is too important a player for us to risk him playing in the first 2 games to Wallace should be more than capable of getting the job done but since we're dealing with EOS he'll probably play some part in both games which is madness.

It has to be Wallace alright, I wasn't overly impressed with him in the PI test match but he did enough to prove he won't screw up in the Namibia or Georgia games.

ROG is too important a player for us to risk him playing in the first 2 games to Wallace should be more than capable of getting the job done but since we're dealing with EOS he'll probably play some part in both games which is madness.
[/b]

Thought his goal kicking was pretty impressive against the PI better than I was expecting, but then again I don't remember any overly difficult kicks. He is a good footballer alright but it is a big step up from there to being an international standard outhalf.

Staunton is a lame duck now as far as international rugby is concerned. He's blown more chances than I have had hot dinners.

Haven't seen enough of baby humph really to comment on his claim for a squad place. Seems he isn't on Eddie's radar at the moment in any case.

As long as it doesn't get to him the WC stage should lift Wallace's game. And ROG has to be saved for the big games. We won't win anything if we go back to the old Humph.

Wallace for sure. He has a better boot than Staunton by far. He's good enough to give ROG a rest against Namibia and Georgia and as it's been said; the experience of playing in the RWC will be great for him.

Paddy Wallace without doubt. Staunton was absolutely pathetic against Argentina in June. Wallace on the other hand had a good game. Thats all O'Sullivan would have needed to see.

Duffy could be in with a place at the expense of Bowe. I think Trimble will definetly make the squad (on the bench) and Carney and Murphy and Duffy / Bowe will be the additional backs in the 30 who miss the match day 22.

Identical backline from the 2003 World Cup. The only chance is D'Arcy in for Kevin Maggs.

Staunton is awful although thankfully he's lost any chance he had after his shameful display in Argentina.

Wallace is a much better player but not really an international outhalf.
Bring back The Humph. (the old, good one) [/b]

Yep. I think we all agree with that one.