• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Want to start playing rugby

Andrew0204

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Ireland
Hi. I made a post a few months ago asking this same question, but I didn't really get the answers I was looking for so here it goes.

I'm 15, Irish, and am doing my junior cert in June. I really want to start rugby as it looks like a ton of fun and I want to involve myself in some form of team sport as I never have before. The thing is I'm not very fit, and I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual so I'm afraid I won't be tough enough to play/ will be looked down upon.

I was wondering if people think I should join, and what I can do to prepare and what I will need for it. I plan on starting in September. Thanks

I'm sure that your sexual orientation doesn't matter, trust me. As you get older, your body is going to change, and that can determine the position that you will be playing. While you are young, you should get your skills up and find your interests.
When you start playing just like any other sport eventually your strength and stamina will begin to increase. You should try to get familiar with the rules of rugby. Once you are familiar with the rules, try going to the gym three times a week and building your strength. There are a lot of free resources about working out with or without weights that you can find on youtube. If you get good enough, you may even be a pro one day!

Latest posts