• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Waratahs v Brumbies

B

BLR

I'm a little hesitant about this one, the Tahs haven't been the most inspiring team this Super 14 but have alot of young talent to go around, and we all know the NSW media thinks they are all the future of Australian rugby. The wonderboy Tahu is out, but this could be a blessing in disguise as he has hardly been a world beater. Tuqiri has put his hand up to be a leader of the young backline, I am not sure this is a good decision as Lote has hardly been a good role model on and off the pitch in recent seasons.

The Brumbies from all accounts had a pretty good week last week yet it remains to be seen if they will continue thier good form they hit against a pretty abysmal Reds team.

I pick the Brumbies to win a close one, but I think that with the homeground advantage and of course the great Tah Man the Tahs could be in with a shot. If the Brumbies string together two good performances and most importantly play with passion (perhaps Huxleys injury could be used as a catalyst) the Brumbies could even do a number on the Tahs, hence why I am hesitent over this game.

What do you guys think?

I think you're being pretty rough on Tahu there mate. I don't know what you think you know about the NSW media, but he was never touted as a world beater or a saviour for NSW. In fact his entire transition from League to Union at the end of last year was done so discreetly that the papers barely picked it up untill he'd had his first training session with the Tahs. Even then the Herald (our major paper) expressed a fair bit of scepticism about how well he'd make the change... If you ask me he'll take a little longer to figure out the game properly, but he's been doing pretty well so and often looks dangerous with the ball in hand.

As for Lote, well I'm not too sure. He's been solid so far for mine, better than last year, but has yet to recapture his incredible form of seasons '04 and '05 which had people touting him as one of the top 3 winger in the world... But he is a stable choice at this point, and perhaps that's what the side needs with so much inexperience.

Hoping the boys will get up, but the brumbies looked pretty dangerous last week and the 'Tahs are going to have to keep on their toes if they want to win.

As I mentioned in another thread -

Lote has told his young backline teammates to follow his lead...

That's great news for the Brumbies as the 'Tahs backline won't be scoring any tries... or running forward...

Anyways, here's hoping we crush the flowers!

I hope it's not an Australian referee... the last two matches in Sydney have been marred by awful decisions.

Not a bad game....I give it to Lote, he did back up his words during the week....played the best he has done in years...lucky either team weren't playing a better team, some of the mistakes were understandable because of the weather but there was some bad decision making...probably from the youth of the teams...

The first half pretty much showed me why there is a natural dislike of all Aussie franchies to the Tahs, there was some severe thuggery in there, above that of competitiveness...example, Dunning and Vickerman on Chisholm I think it was....it's just not rugby, Dunning should have got a card for sure....

The high tackle by the Brumbies centre in the first half was basically a carbon copy of the Nonu tackle in the game before...he mustn't have watched it....

I'm not a fan of the league style chip kicks, and the young guys showed why they should be used sparingly, how many charge downs were there?

I found it amusing that a few times the Tah maul dominated the Brumby maul despite the fact every time a scrum would be place the Tahs would do thier usual folding chair act...it's about time the refs started penalising them for such spoiling tactics. (it happens in all thier games + the Wallaby games)

And finally, who else was wishing for Tah man to go over the handle bars of his 4-wheeler?

Not a bad game....I give it to Lote, he did back up his words during the week....played the best he has done in years...lucky either team weren't playing a better team, some of the mistakes were understandable because of the weather but there was some bad decision making...probably from the youth of the teams...

The first half pretty much showed me why there is a natural dislike of all Aussie franchies to the Tahs, there was some severe thuggery in there, above that of competitiveness...example, Dunning and Vickerman on Chisholm I think it was....it's just not rugby, Dunning should have got a card for sure....

The high tackle by the Brumbies centre in the first half was basically a carbon copy of the Nonu tackle in the game before...he mustn't have watched it....

I'm not a fan of the league style chip kicks, and the young guys showed why they should be used sparingly, how many charge downs were there?

I found it amusing that a few times the Tah maul dominated the Brumby maul despite the fact every time a scrum would be place the Tahs would do thier usual folding chair act...it's about time the refs started penalising them for such spoiling tactics. (it happens in all thier games + the Wallaby games)

And finally, who else was wishing for Tah man to go over the handle bars of his 4-wheeler?
[/b]

Wish I could give you a cleanex, then you might be able to clean the sand out of your vagina :D

Wish I could give you a cleanex, then you might be able to clean the sand out of your vagina :D
[/b]
Well it was obvious the good aspects of the game, why not post the aspects that are to be improved on?

Tahs were terrible and the game was terrible

If we go into the finals with this kind of form we're going to be embarrassed. In fact its a little to late for that. Time for us to pull together some sort of coherent performance, getting over the line because the opposition was even worse than we are is not going to see us home against teams who are properly coached and drilled.

Also whoever said Tiquiri had a good game obviously didn't see his innumerable dropped balls. Send him back to league. He'd be playing reserve grade for the Ipswich bushwackers

Tahs were terrible and the game was terrible

If we go into the finals with this kind of form we're going to be embarrassed. In fact its a little to late for that. Time for us to pull together some sort of coherent performance, getting over the line because the opposition was even worse than we are is not going to see us home against teams who are properly coached and drilled.

Also whoever said Tiquiri had a good game obviously didn't see his innumerable dropped balls. Send him back to league. He'd be playing reserve grade for the Ipswich bushwackers [/b]

Obviously you didn't see the game... either that or you're just an iditot. There were numerable dropped balls, and Tuqiri (also now the equal highest try scorer for NSW EVER might I add) was hardly the only culperate. But considering the monsoon like rain was pouring so heavily at times that it almost looked like fog had come over the TV I'd say they didn't do too badly. It was a conservate game, but any team who tries to run the ball the whole match in weather like that is either stupid or super human.

lol if you still rate Tuquiri than YOUR the idiot mate. Has hands like feet. I doubt he'll make Deans' 15

lol if you still rate Tuquiri than YOUR the idiot mate. Has hands like feet. I doubt he'll make Deans' 15 [/b]

You know if you're going to call someone an idiot, it's a good idea not to confuse 'then' with 'than'. It makes you sound pretty retarded actually ;) . Go back to school boy.

<div class='quotemain'> lol if you still rate Tuquiri than YOUR the idiot mate. Has hands like feet. I doubt he'll make Deans' 15 [/b]

You know if you're going to call someone an idiot, it's a good idea not to confuse 'then' with 'than'. It makes you sound pretty retarded actually ;) . Go back to school boy.
[/b][/quote]
Thats pathetic man. If you don't agree with my comments about Tuqiri thats one thing but attacking my grammar on a forum is a bit out there. The reality is the Tahs aren't playing well at the moment and Tuqiri is having big issues with handling and not just in the last game. If your happy with the way they're going because they've got some points on the board then I'm glad for you but if they don't improve its not going to be pretty over the next couple of months.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> lol if you still rate Tuquiri than YOUR the idiot mate. Has hands like feet. I doubt he'll make Deans' 15 [/b]

[/b][/quote]
Thats pathetic man. If you don't agree with my comments about Tuqiri thats one thing but attacking my grammar on a forum is a bit out there. The reality is the Tahs aren't playing well at the moment and Tuqiri is having big issues with handling and not just in the last game. If your happy with the way they're going because they've got some points on the board then I'm glad for you but if they don't improve its not going to be pretty over the next couple of months. [/b][/quote]

As someone who checks other students essays at uni, the "then" "than" thing has become a bit of a pet hate... so you'll have to forgive me getting a little over-zealous there. But then I didn't think you really addressed anything I had said either.

In any case though, I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you. I never said the Tahs were playing that well, I just thought you were being a little unfair on Tuqiri. Sure he's dropped a few balls, but all but one of their games have been played in bloody monsoons and Tuqiri has hardly been the only one dropping the ball.

But you're right, we're not going that well... we just beat a substandard Highlanders and were seriously threated by what is essentially the Brumbies B team (though at least we didn't get smashed like Qld lol), and if we don't get a lot better soon the Crusaders will most likely wipe the floor with us.

I'm very dissapointed that the Brumbies lost this one, because they really only have themselves to blame.

Aside from their lineout the Waratahs were crap. But the Brumbies really should've held onto that lead.

Of course I'm annoyed that the Tuqiri try got allowed considering there was a Tahs knock on beforehand, but what can you do about it. I also thought that sin binning Tyrone Smith was a bit soft. Were was Dunning or Waugh's yellow card? Referees... :rolleyes:

Why was the referee from NSW? That also puzzled me... I'm also surprised that there were no off-side penalties until late into the second half of the game. That reeks of shitty refereeing to me when both sides have obviously infringed numerous times before then.

Anyways, the Brumbies made some bad decisions in the second half, and all the Tahs had to do to win the game was simply not lose ie play their usual boring brand of rugby.

As for Tuqiri - he didn't do anything to win me over. I honestly hope for Australian rugby that his representative days are over. There are a number of wingers in this country that are far better than him.

Anyways, I can honestly say that with Vickerman leaving, there could surely be no more than two Waratahs players worthy of playing for the Wallabies this year - Rockey Elsom..... maybe Adam Freier and Waugh on the bench?

Having watched all the Tahs games this year - how are they in the top four? Seriously.

Latest posts