• Hurricanes 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hurricanes 12-

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

C A Iversen

Ok an exciting match this one!

Two teams who've been known for being flamboyant at times and also for falling at hurdles they perhaps should've overcome. Many new faces in both teams and certainly a re-building year for each as well.

It wouldn't be going to far to say that these are confidence teams and that whomever draws first blood in this opening round clash will take a huge boost of that aforementioned confidence and will be a danger team to watch for the following few rounds.

What do you think?

Got to be 2 of the most up and down teams in the comps history, just as equally capable of giving you a hiding then losing to the bottom team the next week. Hurricanes for me.

I think the new laws will really suit the Hurricanes and the hype machine known as the Waratahs will get demolished.

You never know what Hurricanes team will turn up hopefully the one that want's to win but if they don't I think the Waratahs have the potential to beat them by 12-.

But for my vote it'll be the Hurricanes by 13+ only if everything goes right for them too many mistakes and it could go the other way.

Go the Cane's they are my favourites after the Highlanders who I have to support as I live here.

I think the Waratahs will step up for this one. They hammered the Hurricanes in Wellington last year, but I think the Waratahs will win a close one. Waratahs by 6.

I'd need to see the starting line-ups for this match..

Hurricanes are a good team, but they really need a good 1st five.. It's their weakest link, and it cost them quite a few games last year

I thought the 'Canes had a pretty good scrum last year.

I just remember them monstering the Brumbies in their last game... but then the Brumbies went on to smash the Bulls scrum (despite losing)...

So who really knows?!

Anyways, as I said before - the new laws should hopefully benefit the 'Canes in this match as they've got a pretty good back 5 in the forward pack and the Waratahs have a pretty slow pack who might just get a little bit tired after 50 minutes...

Waratahs team named...

Waratahs: 15 Lachie Turner, 14 Timana Tahu, 13 Ben Jacobs, 12 Tom Carter, 11 Lote Tuqiri, 10 Kurtley Beale, 9 Brett Sheehan, 8 Wycliff Palu, 7 Phil Waugh (captain), 6 Rocky Elsom, 5 Dan Vickerman, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Al Baxter, 2 Adam Freier, 1 Matt Dunning.
Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Benn Robinson, 18 Will Caldwell, 19 Beau Robinson, 20 Luke Burgess, 21 Sam Harris, 22 Alfi Mafi.

Waratahs team named...

Waratahs: 15 Lachie Turner, 14 Timana Tahu, 13 Ben Jacobs, 12 Tom Carter, 11 Lote Tuqiri, 10 Kurtley Beale, 9 Brett Sheehan, 8 Wycliff Palu, 7 Phil Waugh (captain), 6 Rocky Elsom, 5 Dan Vickerman, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Al Baxter, 2 Adam Freier, 1 Matt Dunning.
Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 Benn Robinson, 18 Will Caldwell, 19 Beau Robinson, 20 Luke Burgess, 21 Sam Harris, 22 Alfi Mafi.
[/b]

A pretty weak centre pairing and a forward pack made up of some of the worst representative players in the past decade.

Go the Canes!

I really do hope the Tahs get crunched, so that McKenzie can go back to going on about how stats show they are the best team in the Super 14 :D

Oh, and I hope Tahu gets shown up for a pretender and not the saviour of Australian rugby as SMH touts him to be....

I really do hope the Tahs get crunched, so that McKenzie can go back to going on about how stats show they are the best team in the Super 14 :D

Oh, and I hope Tahu gets shown up for a pretender and not the saviour of Australian rugby as SMH touts him to be....
[/b]

But isn't this supposed to be the greatest team of all time?

Just like they tell us every pre-season... :D

Apparently Beale is going to school everyone despite not shining in a Super 14 match yet...

Apparently Beale is going to school everyone despite not shining in a Super 14 match yet...
[/b]
No no, to be fair, he did some kick over the defence and scored a try in one game at the start of last year, the amount of times they talked about it through the year I am pretty sure that makes him the Messiah. :p

Sadly Beales head is already bigger than the stadium.
The over confidence might help. I hope so. I also hope someone taught him how to tackle in the off season

Fed up with our "superstars" threatening to go back to league every time their contract is up for renewal. If they want to be leaguies give them a helping hand out the door I say.

I struggle to believe that both Baxter and Dunning have been retained for this match - at least one of them should have been laid off. Benn Robinson is a great prop and deserves his place above either. I'd also like to see Polota-Nau get more game time. With all respect to Freier I think this guy may be the future Wallaby hooker - he certainly impressed me a couple of years ago on the Europe tour.

After seeing the two teams, my head tells me the Canes should take this.

Their team looks really good, even with Tialata recovering from injury.
I still have concerns over Gopperth though. He has the talent, just lacks the form.

Hopefully Ripia gets a chance to run the show, see what he's got at the Canes.

canes lineup is very impressive. I really don't see how the tahs can contain them for the full 80 mins. might be a close first half but canes should destroy the tahs in the second. canes by 13+ for me

Go the mighty Hurricanes!! woo almost time =)
I hope Tahu gets owned!!! Hosea *clap clap clap*
It'll be highly odd without Tana =(

What a bullshit game to watch so far. The Canes are playing like arse, the only exciting moment was when Jane charged down a kick with his face from point blank range :lol:

Latest posts