• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warburton just made Robshaw look like Whip Whitaker in terms of captaincy!

PacDuran

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
First of all: Australia just put in one of the great defensive games. It was awe inspiring. Absolutely incredible. But they were enabled by Wales' horrible decision making in terms of not going for the posts repeatedly and not swinging the ball wide when they were against 13 men.

When will they learn that in a tight game you take the points???!!!!

Again, like in the Wales vs England game, I cannot believe what I just watched!!! Disgraceful captaincy by Warburton. Insane.

That's why we watch this glorious game though. Beautiful by the Wallabies, ugly by the Welsh.

First of all: Australia just put in one of the great defensive games. It was awe inspiring. Absolutely incredible. But they were enabled by Wales' horrible decision making in terms of not going for the posts repeatedly and not swinging the ball wide when they were against 13 men.

When will they learn that in a tight game you take the points???!!!!

Again, like in the Wales vs England game, I cannot believe what I just watched!!! Disgraceful captaincy by Warburton. Insane.

That's why we watch this glorious game though. Beautiful by the Wallabies, ugly by the Welsh.

Totally agree!

No it won't

Robshaw ---> Warburton as a captain and Flanker!

BOth awful captains. Warburton is a great flanker. Robshaw is a mediocre rugby player and should never have been made captain of any rugby team.

It is kinda pathetic when a captain is appointed on the basis of him supposedly being some kind of tough guy or gladiator e.g. Martin Johnson and PoC in an attempt to intimidate the opposition. The thinkers or game managers are normally the stand off and scrum half.

Stupid thread. Nothing wrong with the decision not to go for posts. 6 points down, 2 players up, you go for the try 100% of the time. Every top side would. Our execution was poor, and we can question going for the scrum over lineout, but the decision to go for the try was the right one.

Stupid thread. Nothing wrong with the decision not to go for posts. 6 points down, 2 players up, you go for the try 100% of the time. Every top side would. Our execution was poor, and we can question going for the scrum over lineout, but the decision to go for the try was the right one.

ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1444514757.981557.jpg

You started it poopy face!

(oh yeah, it's name calling time!)

dVep0nl.gif

Last edited:
I reckon that's a bit rough... Wales were 15 on 13, and so they'd have been mad and almost demoralised not to back their attack. In all honesty they SHOULD have scored if they'd used their space in that 7 minute period, but they went into a bit of a meltdown and kept it in too tight. But as a captain, I can't fault his decision.

It is kinda pathetic when a captain is appointed on the basis of him supposedly being some kind of tough guy or gladiator e.g. Martin Johnson and PoC
Pretty poor examples considering they're two of the best captains the countries have had.

Well we did cross the line 3 times. Sometimes things just don't work out. Praise has to go to Aus for their scramble defence.

It's frustrating to know that yet again we should have won a game v Aus. I don't know why we can't do it. We have the measure of them, but for whatever reason we can't get over the line (literally today).

Despite Aus winning, they have to know that if they come under that sort of pressure again in the knockout stages, they will probably loose (maybe bot v Scotland). NZ certainly wouldn't fail to score at least one (probably more) tries v 13 men!

Well we did cross the line 3 times. Sometimes things just don't work out. Praise has to go to Aus for their scramble defence.

It's frustrating to know that yet again we should have won a game v Aus. I don't know why we can't do it. We have the measure of them, but for whatever reason we can't get over the line (literally today).

Despite Aus winning, they have to know that if they come under that sort of pressure again in the knockout stages, they will probably loose (maybe bot v Scotland). NZ certainly wouldn't fail to score at least one (probably more) tries v 13 men!

Yeah this is exactly what I thought watching the game. The defence our boys put up was nothing short of heroic, but I also couldn't help but think the ABs would have badly put us to the sword with those opportunities.

We definitely can't give another side those sorts of chances in the knock outs

Sam made the right call, had to go for the try but our execution wasn't good enough and the Australian defence was heroic. I take my hat off to them, i said to the wife "if we can't score against 13 then we ain't gonna". Enough said!

Well you never know. Didn't this happen to you last year? Lost to Australia narrowly but then beat South Africa? Anything is possible. But not taking key opportunities and these injuries don't help.

I reckon that's a bit rough... Wales were 15 on 13, and so they'd have been mad and almost demoralised not to back their attack. In all honesty they SHOULD have scored if they'd used their space in that 7 minute period, but they went into a bit of a meltdown and kept it in too tight. But as a captain, I can't fault his decision.

The first opportunity Genia had just been carded and Warburton didn't go for the posts, and that decision only looked good because Mumm got carded 2 mins later.

It was arrogance and a terrible decision, (as not going for points ALWAYS is). Wales were down to the 4th choice back line, and they had a kicked who rarely misses. Bad decision. Warburton is an awful captain. Wales will be a 10-to-1 dog to beat the saffers.

- - - Updated - - -

Sam made the right call, had to go for the try but our execution wasn't good enough and the Australian defence was heroic. I take my hat off to them, i said to the wife "if we can't score against 13 then we ain't gonna". Enough said!

He spurned points when only Genia had been carded though. He should have taken the easy kick and got back into their territory.

Latest posts