• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warm Up Match 6: Waikato Chiefs v British & Irish Lions (Hamilton)

Once again we see a NZ team doing plenty of off the ball blocking, refs need to be more vigilant come the tests, looks to me like NZ teams secret weapon is cheat when ever possible. To be fair it's been a tactic that has worked well for them in the past and it has appeared that refs and touch judges are more reluctant to penalise NZ than they do other teams.

4 dislikes so far, obviously from those who are happy seeing cheating as a legitimate way of winning......How sad

Last edited:
Surely if you can the the decision to leave Warburton out of the 15 as the media are reporting, it's not too long a hop to leave him out of the 23 altogether? Tipurics form has just been far superior.

I personally think Sexton will start with T'eo and Davies.
Interesting. I also prefer Sexton to Farrell as a 10. But Geech, SCW and Sir GH all go with Farrell at 10 and know more than you or I do.

Once again we see a NZ team doing plenty of off the ball blocking, refs need to be more vigilant come the tests, looks to me like NZ teams secret weapon is cheat when ever possible. To be fair it's been a tactic that has worked well for them in the past and it has appeared that refs and touch judges are more reluctant to penalise NZ than they do other teams.

Agree valley commando, best at it in the world - Get away with it more than anyone , must also be to do with thier fans on the rugby forums blaming the referee after every game they lose ie scrum, offiside etc

Cant belive we havent had a mass of bad losers on here again! Come on lads you know who you are!!!

Mako George Furlong
Krutoje
POM Faletau Warbs
Murray Farrell
Te'o Davies
North Halfpenny Watson

Would be my guess at the test XV.

I'd start McGarth, SOB, Sexton (over Te'o) and Daly (North)

Wales were doing that all game in the last 6N against England, it was part of the reason you turned over so much ball, you kept blocking and taking out the clearing out players before they reached the ruck. Watch where you throw them stones.

It'll be an absoute travesty of North finds his way into the starting 15 after today. Surely Nowell, Williams and Daly are all ahead of him now.
Warbs is not an impact option. He either starts or doesn't make the test 23 for me.

You'd have to say the Liam Williams certainly has more form than North.

Lawes put his hand up for the bench spot, but I still think Gats will go with AWJ.
Not only gats, lots of pundits here are picking awj. Not sure why, he's looked like tired old man. Hes been outplayed by Nz players well outside the top ten locks in the country, and nz isn't famous for their depth at lock.

You don't think North will ?
North actually played well against the abs when Wales toured
I have to say one thing I've noted from admittedly young and inexperienced super rugby teams but also some more experienced players in the Maori is that under pressure they can make some really bad and risky decisions. We know of course that new zealand rugby sides take more risks and play at a faster tempo but it does feel like you can really get them to take bad risks by putting them in such situations.
nO doubt if you can create pressure on the all blacks they might make mistakes. These guys aren't used to pressure. but the all blacks kick more than any team, so the opportunities to put them under pressure may be limited.

It'll be an absoute travesty of North finds his way into the starting 15 after today. Surely Nowell, Williams and Daly are all ahead of him now.
Warbs is not an impact option. He either starts or doesn't make the test 23 for me.
Unless they want the captain to finish the game, in a dual open side role.

Wales were doing that all game in the last 6N against England, it was part of the reason you turned over so much ball, you kept blocking and taking out the clearing out players before they reached the ruck. Watch where you throw them stones.
I have liked this, you are right, however NZ are better at cheating than Wales.

Just watched some highlights. Marler is a fuckwit. Such a needless offence. I don't mind making mistakes or conceding penalites but that was calculated.
Asside from that, I only saw highlights, but the Lions scored a pair of peach tries. Nowell showed his stuff for his second and we showed some attacking intent. These guys are very defensively solid and aggressive to a man. They don't need that coached into them here. We won't beat the ABs without scoring tries and accepting we'll concede a few in turn. No strangling them out.

Agree valley commando, best at it in the world - Get away with it more than anyone , must also be to do with thier fans on the rugby forums blaming the referee after every game they lose ie scrum, offiside etc

Cant belive we havent had a mass of bad losers on here again! Come on lads you know who you are!!!

Sorry chaps, I had to work this morning, didn't get to see the game this morning but a good mate of mine, fine Pommie lad from the Isle of Wight kept me informed with constant texts and let me know the beating that Waikato were taking.
First up, Congratulations to the Lions and their fans on a solid and comprehensive victory.
No question, the better team won on the day.

Secondly, hard lines to the Waikato boys, tough opposition starting to play together well makes for a real battle and the Chiefs missing so many players doesn't help.
Waikato has a proud rugby tradition and this will be a hard one for the locals but they'll bounce back, those Mooloos are a hardy lot.

The Lions are coming right at the appropriate time.
This win will boost confidence in the tourists camp as they go positive (3 wins and 2 losses) on the tour.

It's all set up nicely now for a monumental test match come Saturday morning GMT.

I can't wait to see the boys in Black come forth and take on the pride of British and Irish rugby at the hallowed Garden of Eden.

Sorry chaps, I had to work this morning, didn't get to see the game this morning but a good mate of mine, fine Pommie lad from the Isle of Wight kept me informed with constant texts and let me know the beating that Waikato were taking.
First up, Congratulations to the Lions and their fans on a solid and comprehensive victory.
No question, the better team won on the day.

Secondly, hard lines to the Waikato boys, tough opposition starting to play together well makes for a real battle and the Chiefs missing so many players doesn't help.
Waikato has a proud rugby tradition and this will be a hard one for the locals but they'll bounce back, those Mooloos are a hardy lot.

The Lions are coming right at the appropriate time.
This win will boost confidence in the tourists camp as they go positive (3 wins and 2 losses) on the tour.

It's all set up nicely now for a monumental test match come Saturday morning GMT.

I can't wait to see the boys in Black come forth and take on the pride of British and Irish rugby at the hallowed Garden of Eden.
We are going to pinch all of your apples and kidnap Eve on saturday

Latest posts