• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WARNING!: Virus Lurking...

G

Goth Power

I'l make this simple as possible...

If any of you guys use MSN or MSN chat rooms DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT click on a link saying..."Is this your photo?"

It will then link up to a website that asks you to download a .PIF file but appears to be a DOS file at the same time through the logo that appears when downloading through Firefox....

It will unleash plenty of viruses and trojans...whilst passing the link onto all MSN contacts whilst trying to activate the icons/software it places on your desktop/system.

My mother did this earlier on this evening and I spent 2 hours trying to clean the viruses of the system and I still haven't gotten rid of it all yet. And its managed to disable virus protection at the same time.

Beware!

this virus is for pussies

some ***** sent me the message, and i was like YO *****, f*** OF YOU STUPED c***!!!!

and then like tht....its gone.

Yeah but some people aren't aware that these kind of links can do anything to a computer hence my mother clicking on it last night.

And I haven't seen a single link on my computer upstairs whatsoever...

I say if your dumb enough to click a link saying "Is this your picture" from some random person who you don't know, you get what you deserve.

its not from a random person its from one of your contacts.. but still if your stupid enough to download it, well go for it

you must have the word c*** written across ur forehead if ud actually fall for this

Guys, his mother went on it. By the sounds of it she may not have alot knowledge about virus & clicking on things that sound dodgy

mommy told me never to download .vbs .js .exe .com .bat .pif .zip from random links that pop up while on the internet

funny, i TOLD my mum the same thing...

mums never listen, next time i am home (in a couple of weeks) i have to fix her pc AGAIN!!!!

Its no big deal, I only had to wipe the whole f***ing system because of it.

But yes, it was mummy...and she wasn't aware of it and was pretty miffed off around the dinner table last night.

But I did say don't download that but, because it was from a contact...she trusted it..

Meh..

mommy told me never to download .vbs .js .exe .com .bat .pif .zip from random links that pop up while on the internet [/b]

:lol2tn:

Class.

+rep

get Avast the best free antivirus software on the web, even comes with messenger scanning...

I have never had a virus its always protected me...

but meh what do I know I am Techie...

Apparantley there is another one doing the rounds, for those who use Lovell rugby. There seems to be a pretty genuine e-mail, going out to genuine customers asking for their pin number. The e-mail already lists your account no, but someone off of the edinburgh rugby forum got sent this this morning. Just thought you guys might like to know.

Apparantley there is another one doing the rounds, for those who use Lovell rugby. There seems to be a pretty genuine e-mail, going out to genuine customers asking for their pin number. The e-mail already lists your account no, but someone off of the edinburgh rugby forum got sent this this morning. Just thought you guys might like to know. [/b]

Thanks for that. How about we write a TRF virus, where everyone who uses the internet has to post on TRF... ;)

Yeah, this virus could set the homepage to TRF & blocks every other site until people post on here :p

Latest posts