• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warren Gatland: Sean O'Brien had a point in criticism of Lions coaches

no SOB you didnt have a point.
gatland for ABs coach

cant believe how little SOB thinks of the ABs that he reckons they shouldve won it 3-0
vunipola is worse. he wasnt even on the tour and reckons that eddie wouldve won it 3 nil. WTF?
gatland was rated a snowballs chance in hell and came away from , imho, the hardest test tour in modern rugby history with his pride intact. he managed to bring together players who hate each other and made them play coherently.
if he could do that with the lions then i would love to see what he could achieve as a backs coach for the ABs

if he could do that with the lions then i would love to see what he could achieve as a backs coach for the ABs
I mean you could have a look at Wales, it's not like the Lions is the only gig on his CV

cant believe how little SOB thinks of the ABs that he reckons they shouldve won it 3-0
vunipola is worse. he wasnt even on the tour and reckons that eddie wouldve won it 3 nil. WTF?
gatland was rated a snowballs chance in hell and came away from , imho, the hardest test tour in modern rugby history with his pride intact. he managed to bring together players who hate each other and made them play coherently.
To be fair. Regardless of Gatland SOB fiasco. The All Black were absolutely shite that series and stats back it up in nearly all departments. It was a big "missed opportunity" as the All Blacks wereaful in that test series.

Also he's a forwards coach not a back coach

Probably similar to Wales' backs. Predictable, big and direct, with some really talented guys having their skills and attacking intuition slowly coached out of them. And if route one doesn't work, don't worry, because it will be tried over and over again for the foreseeable future. You could try lay that at Howley's feet, but you really want your next backs coach to be the man who didn't step in and try and fix it? Want a nice brand of attacking rugby in Wales? Watch the Scarlets. They play great stuff.
"SO'B didn't have a point". So he made up Sexton and Farrell taking the lead in backs training? Seems an odd thing to do for a man with nothing to gain. Also why would you want a coach famous for getting his back row firing really well at his peak to be your backs coach?

To be fair. Regardless of Gatland SOB fiasco. The All Black were absolutely shite that series and stats back it up in nearly all departments. It was a big "missed opportunity" as the All Blacks wereaful in that test series.
could it be that ABs werent allowed to play there game? there were 2 teams on the field

I mean you could have a look at Wales, it's not like the Lions is the only gig on his CV
not denigrating wales BUT big difference between wales cattle and NZ cattle
he did better than henry and hansen at wales

It's the old did Gatland bring the Welsh players down with his game plan or was his game plan the best way to get the most out of them at the time?

It's the old did Gatland bring the Welsh players down with his game plan or was his game plan the best way to get the most out of them at the time?
isnt that why we're here ? to discuss and solve all these rugby mysteries?

"SO'B didn't have a point". So he made up Sexton and Farrell taking the lead in backs training? Seems an odd thing to do for a man with nothing to gain. Also why would you want a coach famous for getting his back row firing really well at his peak to be your backs coach?
or maybe he's just a whinger?
i wouldnt give gatland the ABs head coach job but would bring him in as an assistant. so it was either backs or forwards. with warrenBall i see that as more of a backs game plan but happy to hear other opinions.

Hansen was a back all his playing career and he's become an all right forwards coach

could it be that ABs werent allowed to play there game? there were 2 teams on the field
Maybe but fact is unforced errors, poor goal kicking, discipline and numerous more stats suggest nothing to do with Lions. Also you keep commenting on Gatland as backs coach. He's never been near that area so not sure how you base him in that cat

Latest posts