• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warren Gatland to coach 2021 Lions "Agreed in principle"

I think Gatland is just being stupid saying this. It's not like the Lions will arrive in SA and immediately play the tests. There's going to be more than enough matches for him to test things out. So what if the Premiership players misses a warm-up match against Japan outside of a test window??

And even if he has a camp the week before in Wales, that shouldn't be held against the players. He can still have his camp while the players also still have time to be with their club preparing for the final. The Springboks have had these camps on many occasions, which usually starts on a Sunday and ends on Tuesday, giving the players more than enough time to still go back to their club and prepare.
Is that how it is scheduled? Because it certainly read as though the first test was a week after the prem final. Did seem odd but I thought maybe that was just because all the schedules had been mucked up due to Covid.

Is that how it is scheduled? Because it certainly read as though the first test was a week after the prem final. Did seem odd but I thought maybe that was just because all the schedules had been mucked up due to Covid.
Nah, first test is almost a month after,
Game vs Stormers is the week after the prem final

I think Gatland is just being stupid saying this. It's not like the Lions will arrive in SA and immediately play the tests. There's going to be more than enough matches for him to test things out. So what if the Premiership players misses a warm-up match against Japan outside of a test window??

And even if he has a camp the week before in Wales, that shouldn't be held against the players. He can still have his camp while the players also still have time to be with their club preparing for the final. The Springboks have had these camps on many occasions, which usually starts on a Sunday and ends on Tuesday, giving the players more than enough time to still go back to their club and prepare.
Stop bringing common sense into the argument

I'm in the matrix as I'm sure I just saw these posts in the England thread.
No you didn't
episode 4 jedi GIF by Star Wars

And I thought I was the drunk one.

I mean it is half term so drink drink drink while the kids cause chaos!

Don't really give a **** to be honest. We're in unprecedented times and money is in short supply so I can see the appeal. We were minutes away from having no lions tour at all, then it was going to be in UK and now, hopefully, it's going ahead behind closed doors in SA. My point is that things aren't exactly normal at the moment and a lot of money has been missed out on. From a fan point of view it's **** but from a business point of view it makes total sense.

Don't really give a **** to be honest. We're in unprecedented times and money is in short supply so I can see the appeal. We were minutes away from having no lions tour at all, then it was going to be in UK and now, hopefully, it's going ahead behind closed doors in SA. My point is that things aren't exactly normal at the moment and a lot of money has been missed out on. From a fan point of view it's **** but from a business point of view it makes total sense.
It's not NZ's turn, not even if the B&I Lions are coached by a Kiwi living in NZ.

It's not NZ's turn, not even if the B&I Lions are coached by a Kiwi living in NZ.

Yeah I get that and it is a bit **** and I understand where you're coming from it's just that everything is weird at the moment so no surprise weird things are being suggested to bring some money in. It won't happen anyway so don't worry about it.

Btw the article is from last year.
Good catch - it's all over social media today, weirdly

Also weird that it's exactly a year ago today - must have come up on someones timehop as "1 year ago you posted" so he recycled it?

Latest posts