• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warren Gatland to coach 2021 Lions "Agreed in principle"

Lame

Even if he has been successful recently it goes against the spirit of the lions to have the same guy in charge for over a decade

Lame

Even if he has been successful recently it goes against the spirit of the lions to have the same guy in charge for over a decade

Not that I'm particularly for this happening (I would rather Gats get the All Blacks gig although it's unlikely) but even if this is the case he would still be one short of Geechs in terms of Head coaching the Lions. Yes he was on the tour in 2009 but he was merely forwards coach to my knowledge... though his character and ideas impressed Geechs and O'Driscol (from what I gather) so much that they were firmly behind Gats being the next Lions HC.

Lads. The Lions is not as much the privilege it once was. Professional standards were always going to dilute this

The problem is neither Schmidt and Jones want it, so Gatland is the next logical choice. His style will probably suit against the Boks. Read in the telegraph that it won't stop RFU going for Gatland if he also accepts the Lions top job.

You can bash the Lions all you want, but I bet come 2021 all the haters will still be tuning in to watch and commenting on the matches.

The problem is neither Schmidt and Jones want it, so Gatland is the next logical choice. His style will probably suit against the Boks. Read in the telegraph that it won't stop RFU going for Gatland if he also accepts the Lions top job.

You can bash the Lions all you want, but I bet come 2021 all the haters will still be tuning in to watch and commenting on the matches.
Yeah, we/they're rugby fans. A meaningful set of internationals would be far more preferable.

For the sake of a few months surely it's better to wait until after the WC before thinking about this appointment. Guess Wales 2021 tour of Namibia will be one step closer if Gatland is confirmed.

Honestly the main thing that would keep me interested in it is if the Lions played more games in lower tier countries.
Also add a european tour v a SH team maybe? Play 3 tests 1 in Netherlands, Germany and Spain (or even Sweden).

Have a European tour, Asian tour, Americas tour, Africa tour, Pacific nation tour or something.

I'm guessing it'll be the same coaches as 2017 with Shaun Edwards coming in for Andy Farrell. Rob Howler as Head Attack Coach again?! Yawwwn

Latest posts