Warriors investigate ugly fracas

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Relegated Worcester Warriors are investigating a fracas involving players and fathers of their players after their defeat at Leeds on Sunday.

The club has refused to comment, but local press in Worcester says that an altercation errupted between fellow flankers Chris Cracknell and James Collins shortly after a row between their fathers in the stands.

There are other issues for Worcester to address too, namely what might happen to the signings of Andy Goode, Luke Rooney and Neil Best for next season.

All three wanted to move to the Warriors to play in the Premiership and increase their chances of World Cup selection, with Australian league international Rooney a British passport holder and wanting to play for England.

None will get the exposure they need in the Championship and although the club has so far remained resolute that the players will come, it is unlikely that will be the reality.

In the meantime, Mike Catt, Dean Ryan and John Brain have all been touted as successors to Mike Ruddock, who seems almost certain to either resign or have his resignation confirmed at a team meeting on Tuesday.

"We will learn more from relegation than we will in any other way, it's when you are at your lowest that you find out the most about yourself," he said. "I have no doubt the people in that room will deal with it in the right way and we'll be back."

---------------------

We've all heard of "my dad's bigger then your dad", but never "my Son's bigger then your Son!!!"

Neil Best is never going to get back in Irish squad :D But well I wonder will he return to the Red Hand.
Luke Rooney will stay at Toulon.
Goode will still go to Warriors but regarding Rooney - I wonder if Munster are watching closely ;)

This is a blessing for England fans, as it means Goode is less likely to be handed a spot in the WC team :)

This is a blessing for England fans, as it means Goode is less likely to be handed a spot in the WC team :)

Oh yeah? So who's going be picked instead of Wilkinson?

Oh, right... So we're stuck with him... Blessing indeed...

Latest posts