• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WAS player edit different in Rugby 2004??

L

lionmaul

Is the edit mode the same as Rugby 2004, could you edit existing players.(I can't remember I got rid of the piece of sorete a long time ago)
<

For example if you wanted to give a fullback a better field kicking stat.
One thing that does seem of is some of the kicking for some players, it is to low for there position. Can you just go in and increase the kicking stat. I have not been able to do this on the x-box what about the PC. I thougt I remember being able to do this in Rugby 2004, because I remember increasing the rucking stats of all the Argentine forwards, I just can't remember If I had to create all of them from scratch??? I hope there is an easier way to make stat adjustments.
cheers and salu

The edit feature in 2004 was very diffderent, and quite frankly, a bit poor. In the game that shall not be named, you could edit existing players but the create fucntion was 'limited' to say the least.

In the new game, quite correctly, EA have stopped the ability to edit existing players (who else gets ****** off with people makeing every player in the team have a rating of 100?) and made the create function the same as Tiger Woods and Fifa.

Yea but you should still, have the ability, to edit existing players, I know Ea didn't have the time to edit all the player 100% correct. Plus you can always see if somone is playing at the default roster on 2 players, but on 1 player you could make certain stats more accurate as all the stars of rugby are fairly accurate, the mediocure players are sometimes, not correct, I would prefer to have the control to fix this. Some of the fullbacks have very poor kicking for the real life counterparts, example Carlio, for Argentina.

If you have the game for PC, I'd suggest waiting for some modifications to appear (like the custom leagues that have been popping up)

If you have the console game, well, I think your buggered there. Sorry.

jus wondering what the attributes players are given and judged on, are they the same as 2004? now andy farrell is going to union how what would you give him as his attributes?

The Create-A-Player feature is nowhere near as neep as in Tiger Woods.

In that game, you can create faces that are EXACT.

My likeness was spooky in that game.

A little taller and thinner. But spooky.

In rugby 2004, as I remmber you didn't actually edit the player himself, but made a base copy, which was exactly the same as him, then had to overwrite the origional player, who then appeared in the user teams.

<<A little taller and thinner>>

Haha! lol! Nice Davies! I totally dot hat too - somehow when I create myself in proEv or Ru*by 2**4 - I was always fine!! haha!

Anyway,

lionmaul is making a very, very good question imo.....

and frankly Teh Mite - if you can not adjust the base player....what a joke!!

How the hell am I supposed to make a better Rokocoko than they have and adjust his speed? I'll have to settle for the **** one they have...

More importantly - I like to edit the computer teams I will probably never play with (Australia, SA, Brumbies, Crusaders etc etc etc) b/c then I have more of a CHALLENGE with my team (Blues/ABs/STH STARS etc etc).....I mostly play AI and need to know that, at my best, I can lose if I make those precious errors etc...a tight game is essential for me...except against weak opp, where, rightly, I will destroy them, hehe,.....

But seriously....If you cannot lift the stats of base players (which takes...oh...a minute!?) and replace them, looking just the same or just with a different hair style.....and instead have to f*** around for an hour to achieve the same thing...then the player editor for Rugby 2005 is much much worse than the game that we must never speak of.

This is very, very, very disappointing and has partially ruined it for me.
<
<

Saying that, lionmaul (and now I too) would like to have a definitive answer on this please from a PS2 owner.

ta.
<

i wish it was like madden - when you do edit a current player, the roster gets saved as a custom roster. it still keeps the default one, but you can load your updated one and use it. It also let you edit things like hair styles (Gaffi Du Toit has long hair in real life, not in the game) but not things like name, height, etc...

this small thing would improve rugby 2005 a lot!

Originally posted by BOKean@Mar 13 2005, 01:54 PM
i wish it was like madden - when you do edit a current player, the roster gets saved as a custom roster. it still keeps the default one, but you can load your updated one and use it. It also let you edit things like hair styles (Gaffi Du Toit has long hair in real life, not in the game) but not things like name, height, etc...

this small thing would improve rugby 2005 a lot!
You could efectively do exactly this in rugby 2004. There were also more body types.

Rugby 2005 had no right to take two steps forward and one step backwards..

f***wits!!

I'm off to watch the warriors! Bye!!

Prediction: Warriors by 40

<

It's seriously gay how you can't edit. And for some reason whenever I turn the game off I lose the players I have created, what the f***?

You are supposed to save your roster. Like that big screen that says 'Make sure you save' suggests!
<

Being able to edit base players adds to the longevity of the game as it allows you to customise difficulty by adjusting players stats, this was present in 2004 and
I cannot for the life of me understand why they have left it out in 2005, this is a potential game killer. I dont care how much better the actual character creation is, I have no interest in putting myself in the game, I would solely use it to edit existing players. On the back of a coming soon box in eb games it has a screen shot of the create a player interface, with joe rocokoko being edited!! Where do they get off giving us Joe with 85 speed and not letting us edit him. This game gets worse every time I log in to the forum.

I'm doing a player editor in a day or so so you will be able to edit existing players, and also rosters.

Night night.

I'm sure I saved it. I went in to My Rugby and overwrited the profile but I keep losing my created players. I better not lose a tournament this way.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 13 2005, 03:27 PM
Being able to edit base players adds to the longevity of the game as it allows you to customise difficulty by adjusting players stats, this was present in 2004 and
I cannot for the life of me understand why they have left it out in 2005, this is a potential game killer. I dont care how much better the actual character creation is, I have no interest in putting myself in the game, I would solely use it to edit existing players. On the back of a coming soon box in eb games it has a screen shot of the create a player interface, with joe rocokoko being edited!! Where do they get off giving us Joe with 85 speed and not letting us edit him. This game gets worse every time I log in to the forum.
I could not agree more.

a sequel does not have less..it has more.

PS- get av component cables if you're tv can handle them (have you got PS2?) - it'll make a big difference.
<

A question for lazy chesnut, how are you going to make a player editor?, and cant you already edit rosters?

Just had a thought, has anyone tried editing players the way you do in NHL 2004, its a long shot, but you go to create a player, type in say joe rocokoko as your new players name and a message would appear saying " a player like this already exists would you like to continue?" you choose yes and are given that players model as your base. You could then edit his stats and replace the old with the new on roster managent, again I have not tried this, and it probably wont work, could someone with the full version give this a go and get back to me, thanks (fingers crossed)

what ive seen in the game u cant edit them, but u can make a new player from scratch say like Nathan Grey for example and than just replace the existing nathan grey in the game!

Latest posts