Wasps v Edinburgh

Discussion in 'European Champions & Challenge Cup' started by An Tarbh, Dec 11, 2008.

1. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div align='center'>[​IMG][​IMG]
    Wasps v Edinburgh</div>

For Wasps it was a missed opportunity last weekend as they were unable to get a bonus point from their trip to Edinburgh.

This weekend should be a much more routine performance and they should get the job done but depending on the result from Friday night in Castres their chances of qualifying, at least as pool winners, may have fallen by the wayside.

There's still the chance of picking up a best runner-up spot but unless they start picking up bp wins soon that route will be gone soon as well.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Home win of that I'm sure but I share your view regards BP's.

4. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Walder in for Wasps' first try.

5. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Try for Southwell after an excellent line from Cairn's.

6. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

yeah cracking run from Cairns, pity Godman couldn't get the conversion though

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing Wasps outplayed. 7-8 to the Wee Fat Scots at the break.

8. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

I'll have my fair share of lulz if Wasps lose this, and I think Tarbh'll join me. ;)

9. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 14 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I'll be doing cartwheels if this continues as it is, I won't hold my breath though.

10. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

That's a daft penalty to give away, almost deserved a card for the sheer stupidity of it.

13-8 now

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Full time score, 16-8. I'll still take that, no bonus point but given Wasps' inability to score tries Leinster still look to be favourites, Wasps don't look like getting a bonus point win over Leinster at the moment, that could change come January though, so if we deny them the bp and get the bp ourselves then we'll top the pool cause our try count is far better than Wasps, provided we get the 5 against Edinburgh

12. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Tarbh, the final score was 19 - 11, and Leinster will beat Wasps. :D

13. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

well it was probably the worst match of the weekend so far so I can be forgiven for switching off

14. Vambo

Vambo Guest

A win's a win :D

Wasps playing crap but still well and truly in this comp. They'll win at Twickenham as well ;)

15. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vambo @ Dec 14 2008, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    not playing like that they won't

16. shtove

shtove Guest

Weekend started badly with the Biarritz match. Then it picked up, with some crackling tension and good trys. And now this ... piece of **** stinks the place up. Woeful.

17. cyRil

cyRil Guest

<strike>I quite enjoyed it</strike>

18. Chunk

Chunk Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 14 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    not playing like that they won't
    [/b][/quote]

We rise to the occasion when it matters, Twickenham is our house.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!