Wasps v Gloucester (Sun)

G

getofmeland

<div align="center"> </div><div align="center"> Wasps v Gloucester
_44608541_wasps_glos.gif
</div>
GUINNESS PREMIERSHIP
Venue: Adams Park Date: Sunday, 4 May Kick-off: 1500 BST
Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio Gloucestershire 1413 AM and online at bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire

Wasps centre Riki Flutey is fit after his dead leg, but forwards Phil Vickery (knee) and Pat Barnard (knee) miss out.

Tim Payne moves to tight-head with Tom French starting at loose and Joe Worsley gets the nod on the back row.

Gloucester welcome back centre Anthony Allen after a shoulder injury, so James Simpson-Daniel switches back to wing.

Lesley Vainikolo (hamstring) is out, so Iain Balshaw continues on the other wing and Olly Morgan starts at full back for the first time in a month.

Gloucester assistant coach Bryan Redpath told BBC Radio Gloucestershire:
"You've got to try and punch holes in their blitz defence. A lot of teams fail and try to go round it and that's a trap we don't want to fall into because Tom Voyce and Paul Sackey are running good at running that for them and making the right decisions.

"We've actually played pretty well against Wasps this season - the last 15 minutes down there in the EDF we slipped off a little bit but at home the physical side of our game was better.

"They're probably the in-form side, and we have to make sure we manage the 80 minutes properly."

Wasps: Lewsey; Sackey, Waters, Flutey, Voyce; Cipriani, Reddan; French, Ibanez, Payne, Shaw, Palmer, Worsley, Rees, Dallaglio.
Replacements: Ward, Holford, Skivington, Haskell, McMillan, Waldouck, Van Gisbergen.

Gloucester: Morgan; Simpson-Daniel, Tindall, Allen, Balshaw; Lamb, Lawson; Wood, ***terrell, Nieto, Bortolami (capt), Brown, Strokosch, Qera, Narraway.
Replacements: Azam, Dickinson, James, Buxton, Delve, Cooper, Walker.

From BBC Sport

not being biast or anything but i hounestly think wasps will win this because its dallaglios last home game there what do you think

Ive not got a lot of faith in Glaws on the road especially against wasps so we will probably have to win at home to Barf next week to be sure of a home play off tie!

HOLY CRAP! 10 - 22 to Gloucester at the moment after tries from Simpson-Daniel, Tindall and Morgan. C'MON GLAWS!

Final Score

Waps 17 - 25 Gloucester

Wasps

Tries: Raphael Ibanez (2)

Conversions: Danny Cipriani, Jeremy Staunton

Penalties: Danny Cipriani

Gloucester

Tries: James Simpson-Daniel, Mike Tindall, Olly Morgan

Conversions: Ryan Lamb (2)

Penalties:Ryan Lamb (2)

important win for gloucester as it has put them back at the top and ended wasps winning streak whihc will give them confidence

Ive not got a lot of faith in Glaws on the road especially against wasps so we will probably have to win at home to Barf next week to be sure of a home play off tie!
[/b]
Tiny-Vader-738996.gif

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Tiny-Vader-738996.gif

[/b][/quote]
fair point sir, but you must have seen where my lack of faith came from? Ive now regained it after todays heroics from my boys and looking forward to Premiership glory. Twickers here we come!

After your loss to Munster, I stopped taking the Glaws seriously. But after this win, they've earned a lot more respect from me and I suppose from many others. This is what I mean by terrible broadcasting, this game looked like a cracker and we had to watch the Super <strike>Boring</strike> 14. :/

After your loss to Munster, I stopped taking the Glaws seriously. But after this win, they've earned a lot more respect from me and I suppose from many others. This is what I mean by terrible broadcasting, this game looked like a cracker and we had to watch the Super <strike>Boring</strike> 14. :/
[/b]
Perhaps some people are over critical of Gloucester this season because expectations are so high but we have been top of the prem all season so that is enough to earn most fans respect. Its the same at Glaws games , some just think we have to turn up to win. This is quite annoying as anyone who knows their stuff realises that the prem is competitive in the extreme. Apart from Leeds all sides can beat each other on its day and that is the great thing about this league. Northamptons arrival makes things even more competitive.(Bristol and Newcastle beware).

Bugger! Wasps could have done with the points from this game. Well done to Gloucester though.
Away at Newcastle is gonna be a tough place to get the 4 points.

Bugger! Wasps could have done with the points from this game. Well done to Gloucester though.
Away at Newcastle is gonna be a tough place to get the 4 points. [/b]

Newcastle away should be easy, unless your side turns up with no real commitment or conviction....

<div class='quotemain'> Bugger! Wasps could have done with the points from this game. Well done to Gloucester though.
Away at Newcastle is gonna be a tough place to get the 4 points. [/b]

Newcastle away should be easy, unless your side turns up with no real commitment or conviction....
[/b][/quote]

Their last home game of the season in front of a sell out crowd... if the Falcons can't rise to that occassion they never will. Wasps can win it but I think they'll made to fight all the way although I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Latest posts