• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Water in Cork

D

durbutter

f*** it, i've started drinking it, i know it fine but but it has taken me a while ?MunMan i live on the north side (north mall) an all. How are the rest of the corkonians doing?

North Mall? Is it Student Living you're doing?

I'm grand waterwise because I live up a hill towards Carrigaline but I was out Last Thursday night and I left my change of clothes in a locker in the Mardyke...not getting those back.

directly oppositle the gate cinema, got to see alll the action across from the Mercy, no floods, stillhave water and all. lol'd at the facebokk group give the norries back their water!!

Ah, Across from the Gate sounds like a lovely view of chaos!

0002c5ce-400-r.jpg

Can't find any pictures from along the Mardyke which sounds like where all the fun was happening.

Picture of flooded Washington Street is from RTE.ie.

Is Ireland drowning? Relatives in Galway say they're trapped - can only travel by boreens.

Getting full up in south of England as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 27 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Ireland drowning? Relatives in Galway say they're trapped - can only travel by boreens.

Getting full up in south of England as well.[/b]

Nah, most of the major flooding is happening in Cumbria right now. The Southern Counties are getting a heavy amount of rain but there is neither the volume nor the geographical features to cause major flooding on the scale seen up north.

You have to look at the big rivers like the Ouse, the Taymar, the Dart, the Avon and the Stour. They're the ones to watch out for usually and they cause most of their mayhem in the West Country and South West.

But if those clouds hit the Thames Valley however...party time!

EDIT: Whats happening in Cumbria is frankly embarrasing to be honest. Its taken them about a week and a half to decide to send the Army in to build a foot bridge whereas even 20 years ago the Royal Engineers would have put down a road bridge within 48 - 72 hours!

Latest posts