Weepu should have come off

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by woosaah, May 29, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3684048a1823,00.html

I think he should have come off, especially since he got knocked out he didnt look good for the next 10 minutes in the game.

but saying that he didnt play to bad after that, it was still a shock to see him still there at half time but oh well what can you do.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Black-Monday

Black-Monday Guest

Taking a player off is the right thing to do, if only for the safety of the player and surrounding players.

In recent times in the NH, I have seen the player come. All be it on a stretcher with a neck and head brace.

BM

4. kaftka

kaftka Guest

He should have come off. His tackling technique was woeful though. Basically begging for a knee in the head.

But he was out cold for a short time, theres no way in hell I would have let him continue. He did get that penalty though, but no... It was incredibly dangerous to leave him on.

5. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Wasn't it Weepu who initially missed Laulala before Masoe got to him as they slid over the line??????

6. rugbyballs

rugbyballs Guest

For his own safety he should have gone off. It also affected his game taking away his defensive game and running game, in a final and in those conditions both very important from your halfback.

7. QKXV

QKXV Guest

I agree, he was completely knocked out. If the call was up to players they would 80% of the time stay on the pitch but it shouldn't be up to them because they often make the decision to stay on with their hearts and not their heads

8. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

Although I haven't seen it, in hindsight it is easy to say he should of come off, but rational decisions are often ignored in the heat of the battle, especially with a game with so much riding on it.

9. woosaah

woosaah Guest

hey he was on his back not even moving, he was like a rag doll

he should have come off :)

10. QKXV

QKXV Guest

that's what I mean by the decision in those cases should not be in the players hands, a player in the heart of the battle will always elect to stay on, I once played with a fractured wrist, noothing bad but it's not big or clever as you don't exactly help the injury by playing further. I often get some pain in the wrist...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!