• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

weigthlifting workout

F

Freak in Nature

hello guys,

first of all i need to say that my englsih isnt very good, because i live in austria and my main language is german!
i joined that forum couse i hoped someone of you could maby help me to find a good workout for a full back. i have already askt many bodybuilders in oftehr forums, but they are just bodybuldiers and they arent training on that specific way like a fullback should. i hoppe any one of you could post a workout for me. thx for your help, and sorry again because of my worse english

isn t here anyone that could help me to get a plan, what i can do in the fitnesscenter to increase my strength, speed and weight??

as a fullback your speed should be your priority, however all rugby players need to have good core strength and explosiveness - I'd say all exercises and areas are important, however the full body ones - squats, deadlifts, power cleans, etc. are the most important - make sure you do 8-12 reps and be explosive - which means quick controlled repetitions and lower weight than maxing...there also other specific rugby aspects to consider - lower back, neck strengthening, etc.

as a fullback for speed though, sprints, agility drills, plyometrics will help you....BTW if this is too technical PM me and I'll translate it for you into German, I'm fluent.

I'm developing a summer workout program for my team right now. I will go ahead and post that when I'm done. Then you all can debate it or whatever. Give me till this weekend.

As a fullback you are the last line of defence for the team. When the ball comes to you it is important that have accurate and powerful kicks. It is also important that be able to tackle very well. Speed is also key. I recommend sprinting drills. IF you go on runs look for uphill running. Try sprinting up the hill and jogging on teh flat ground this should provide you with strong legs which is important in an efficient tackle.

As a fullback you are the last line of defence for the team. When the ball comes to you it is important that have accurate and powerful kicks. It is also important that be able to tackle very well. Speed is also key. I recommend sprinting drills. IF you go on runs look for uphill running. Try sprinting up the hill and jogging on teh flat ground this should provide you with strong legs which is important in an efficient tackle.
[/b]

so is hould sprint up hill dan jogg down then, how many times should i sprint up and how long should the sprint be and ho wlong the jogging time?? are there any other drills i can do??

I am planing to play rugby again. I think I will use your program to get ready. Thanks.

Latest posts