• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Weird things you hear on the radio...

P

Prestwick

Currently listening to a George Formby documentary on BBC Radio 4 where he's signing "Pretoria rules the waves", deftly switching between English, Afrikaans and another native language (probably Southern Ndebele), all in his thick English Wigan accent, classic :lol:

Probably outdid Bob Hope as the entertainment star of the Second World War. Ask any war vet from Vancouver all the way to Auckland and they'd know at least one George Formby song...

There was a challenge from the Tuks FM bang bang breakfast host the other day where the female co host would pee standing up, she had to take another girl to confirm the happening and it was recorded (audio) and broadcast live.

if there is 1 morning radio show I would gladly listen to till I die it's the bang bang breakfast show, bloody fantastic.

We have something similar here, on Stubru, both the hosts are crazy. They do the dumbest things, like present a show naked, organise a sleep in (John and Yoko style), show up in disguise. Which is funny if you're online checking out their website.

Those guys make me go to school/work happy each morning xD

Currently listening to a George Formby documentary on BBC Radio 4 where he's signing "Pretoria rules the waves", deftly switching between English, Afrikaans and another native language (probably Southern Ndebele), all in his thick English Wigan accent, classic :lol:

Probably outdid Bob Hope as the entertainment star of the Second World War. Ask any war vet from Vancouver all the way to Auckland and they'd know at least one George Formby song... [/b]
Yes, there is this classic celebration of peeping toms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfmAeijj5cM

Curiously pervy and ... mildly stimulating. Ooh errrrr, missus.

I'm talking about the chord changes, of course.

im really enjoying the alice cooper radio show on hauraki on sat and sun nights, its bloody entertaining - and you learn new and interesting facts that you can then pass on as yours.

at present time, on average people get 8 hours of sleep a night. however, prior to the lightbulb being invented - it was 10 hours per night of sleep.

im really enjoying the alice cooper radio show on hauraki on sat and sun nights, its bloody entertaining - and you learn new and interesting facts that you can then pass on as yours.

at present time, on average people get 8 hours of sleep a night. however, prior to the lightbulb being invented - it was 10 hours per night of sleep.
[/b]

Mate, hauraki is the best radio station i have ever come across, it has brought me so much joy over the past few years

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Mate, hauraki is the best radio station i have ever come across, it has brought me so much joy over the past few years
[/b][/quote]

Yep. It's only radio station worth listening to in NZ. All that FM shite plays rubbish music. 1017AM (in chch anyway) is the way to go.

...Although, they have a very bad habit of replaying all the same songs. ie, if you have been listening to it for a while now, I doubt you'll ever hear a new song played. I don't mean new as in just come out, they never really explore the depths of all those great bands.

However, the morning pirates with Willie de Wit, Dean Butler etc is the funniest shite I have heard. Especially "Thomas the tanked engine" lol.

lol yeah truely great station. and your right, sure i think that 90% of current rock music is utter shite (and im sometimes ashamed to call myself a rocker) but they simply need to play newer songs, which ARNT f***ing greenday and nickleback.

ksn - howd you hear of hauraki? seeing as you are a saffa? (although it is streamed online now)

There is an alice cooper radio show somewhere in the world?
Is this program accesible via livestream/internet of some kind? A friend of mine has ahabit of dressing up as Alice Cooper (that's more to say how much of a fan she is, nto to say how weird she is), so she'll flip over a radio show if it's in any way tied to the actual alice cooper.

I know one thing that tops Alice Cooper.

Bob Dylan did a series of shows for BBC Six Music, his first and only ever...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Yep. It's only radio station worth listening to in NZ. All that FM shite plays rubbish music. 1017AM (in chch anyway) is the way to go.

...Although, they have a very bad habit of replaying all the same songs. ie, if you have been listening to it for a while now, I doubt you'll ever hear a new song played. I don't mean new as in just come out, they never really explore the depths of all those great bands.

However, the morning pirates with Willie de Wit, Dean Butler etc is the funniest shite I have heard. Especially "Thomas the tanked engine" lol.
[/b][/quote]

Oh hell yes! and "Betty the bisexual sidecar" also makes the odd appearance in "Thomas the tanked engine".
I agree with you on the depth of music, they seem to play a set of the same songs for a month then move on to another

ksn - howd you hear of hauraki? seeing as you are a saffa? (although it is streamed online now)
[/b]

Well im from SA but i live in hamilton now, got here when I was 10 in 2000. I still go for the Sharks and Springboks for some reason though. The rest of my family is pretty split over AB's vs Springboks and don't mind who wins

The radio? I never listen to the radio. I got my ipod, that's the only thing I ever listen to.

The radio? I never listen to the radio. I got my ipod, that's the only thing I ever listen to.
[/b]
Good man , dont let the real world f*** with your mind!

Been listening to Century FM all night.

Friday night is always just 80's B)

The radio? I never listen to the radio. I got my ipod, that's the only thing I ever listen to. [/b]

i would usually chuck in a burnt cd into my car, and plug the pc into the sterio at home, but currently my car cd player is f***ed, so hauraki it is. but i REALLY enjoy the radio atm. however, when i first got my car it only had tape, so i had radio only then too, but when i got the cd player put in, what a relif it is listening to your own songs all the time!

Latest posts