• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welcome Eddie.

AAndre

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Blue Bulls
Eddie Jones has addressed a press-conference in Cape Town, promising South Africans
beautiful rugby", for which we will be eternally thankful. Pity he could not be contracted by the Bulls! We firmly believe, that he will make a positive contribution. Also that he can live with the hierarchy, which I believe is hell! Every fan a pro. Life can be difficult for a coach, in the shadow of Brokeback Mountain!

It's just so unethical if this Eddie Jones move to England happens. Rugby prides itself on integrity and respect.

Eddie Jones has addressed a press-conference in Cape Town, promising South Africans
beautiful rugby", for which we will be eternally thankful. Pity he could not be contracted by the Bulls! We firmly believe, that he will make a positive contribution. Also that he can live with the hierarchy, which I believe is hell! Every fan a pro. Life can be difficult for a coach, in the shadow of Brokeback Mountain!

Hmmm. Perhaps I watched a different Currie Cup this year than you. The Bulls scored a lot of tries, more than WP, yet everyone seems to still have the idea that the Bulls just play stampkar rugby.

It's just so unethical if this Eddie Jones move to England happens. Rugby prides itself on integrity and respect.

Ethics and professional sport is something that usually don't coincide with one another. I don't think it's unethical if he gets the England job. And the Western Province Rugby Union has even put a price of R15 million on Eddie, if the RFU wants him.

Tell that to Jake White.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic Eddie stays on. Even if the money would be better and the position more prestigious Cape Town is very charming. WP needs it. We really do as all is up in the air ATM with uncertainty surrounding Eddie and some big names leaving us all while SR is just around the corner. C'mon, RFU, just give us 2 years!

I'm glad there is at least a decent price tag on Eddie's head. R15m wouldn't set the RFU back but I'm sure it'd at least itch. I'm just hoping if that eventuates that we could use that money (and the money we get by not having De Villiers, Vermeulen and Kitshoff on the books) well. Getting in a world class 2, 9, 10 and 15 for instance.. we have class everywhere other than in those critical positions.

Last edited:
We cannot think for Eddie Jones, only he can do that, but one would think after such an intense World Cup, he would be a bit better off with not the added burden of international coaching pressure come February (Six Nations).

- - - Updated - - -

Tell that to Jake White.

Anyway, I'm still optimistic Eddie stays on. Even if the money would be better and the position more prestigious Cape Town is very charming. WP needs it. We really do as all is up in the air ATM with uncertainty surrounding Eddie and some big names leaving us all while SR is just around the corner. C'mon, RFU, just give us 2 years!

I'm glad there is at least a decent price tag on Eddie's head. R15m wouldn't set the RFU back but I'm sure it'd at least itch. I'm just hoping if that eventuates that we could use that money (and the money we get by not having De Villiers, Vermeulen and Kitshoff on the books) well. Getting in a world class 2, 9, 10 and 15 for instance.. we have class everywhere other than in those critical positions.

If i was supporting the Stormers, i would be livid at this news.

All the local media is pointing towards the fact that we have already lost him. Rugby365 has a source at WP saying that Jones already headed to London yesterday.

All the local media is pointing towards the fact that we have already lost him. Rugby365 has a source at WP saying that Jones already headed to London yesterday.

Yup.

Sport24.com even has a thread where people can comment and the topic is: Things that is longer than Eddie Jones' stay in Cape Town?

If i would participate, I would say: Jack Parrow's Cap

Honestly doubt £700,000 is anything for RFU. They made £15 million profit from World Cup alone.

Bath paid £500,000 For Burgess reportedly.

Honestly doubt £700,000 is anything for RFU. They made £15 million profit from World Cup alone.

Bath paid £500,000 For Burgess reportedly.

And if we were to compare it (just for fun) to football. That is probably the price for a footballer in the third or fourth division of the English leagues, or just over two and a half weeks worth of Rooney's wages.

Hearing unconfirmed completely made up rumours that PDV will be next head coach with Watson DoR.
I heard Eddie Jones will just be a technical advisor for England, with Andy Farrel taking the head coach position.

Latest posts